best things to do in cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by dtcfm, Nov 17, 2008.

1. dtcfm

dtcfm Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be traveling though Cancun soon and only have 1 maybe 2 days. What is the best or most exciting yet not too expensive thing I can do there?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Experience the markets, walk through them and see how everyone interacts with one another! Hit up the beaches, the shops, the food around the strip. Take a trip into downtown near walmart and experience some of the culture not many tourists see!

3. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whenever people are traveling to Cancun around this time of year, I almost always recommend that they take a day trip to visit the Mayan ruin site of Chichen Itza. In your case, since you will only be there for a couple of days, I suggest you just stay in the Hotel Zone and enjoy the beach, shopping malls, restaurants and nightlife.

212eric

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IF I HAD ONLY ONE DAY, I WOULD GO TO ISLA MUJERES, A GREAT LITTLE ISLAND JUST NORTH OF THE HOTEL ZONE AREA OF CANCUN.

Take a public bus to Gran Puerto, R-1 is shown on the front, BUT you need an R-1 that also says Puerto Juarez on the front. It's about $.50 US per person each way. Then take the ferry, 20 minutes, to ISLA MUJERES, under $3US per person each way. From there you can walk to North Beach, as good a beach as there is in the whole Cancun area, even though it is still recovering from some of our hurricanes.

You can rent a moped or a 4 seater golf cart for about $35US for the day. Both are safe as there are not many cars on the island. I prefer the golf cart.

The ferries come and go all day, every day, every 30 minutes.

If you think this is something you would like to I will be happy to answer any questions if you want to send me a Private Message.

At the moment the weather is absolutely perfect.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IF I HAD ONLY ONE DAY, I WOULD GO TO ISLA MUJERES, A GREAT LITTLE ISLAND JUST NORTH OF THE HOTEL ZONE AREA OF CANCUN.

Take a public bus to Gran Puerto, R-1 is shown on the front, BUT you need an R-1 that also says Puerto Juarez on the front. It's about $.50 US per person each way. Then take the ferry, 20 minutes, to ISLA MUJERES, under $3US per person each way. From there you can walk to North Beach, as good a beach as there is in the whole Cancun area, even though it is still recovering from some of our hurricanes.

You can rent a moped or a 4 seater golf cart for about $35US for the day. Both are safe as there are not many cars on the island. I prefer the golf cart.

The ferries come and go all day, every day, every 30 minutes.

If you think this is something you would like to I will be happy to answer any questions if you want to send me a Private Message.

At the moment the weather is absolutely perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice