Best shopping locations

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 4biddenpleasrs, Jun 25, 2007.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,

along with the polls on the best nightclubs and tours we were wondering if anyone had ideas on what the best places to go shopping are. For instance I know that there are alot of silver dealers on Isla. So We'd suggest to our guests to get silver there.

Any other places that you know about would be greatly appreciated.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Michael

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Silver dealers - Coral Negro in the middle of Party Center is good.

Mall - Plaza las Americas. Take a bus to anywhere downtown and then a 15 peso ride to the mall. 30 pesos to get a cab at the mall to get back to the hotel zone buses. You can take buses to and from the mall from downtown but the taxi is a no brainer unless you know the area and the bus routes. Taxi fares are per ride and NOT per person.

Fun shopping - Market 28 downtown. Lots of souvenirs and clothing and food and you can negotiate till your heart's content. Some R-2 buses go there but it is easy enough to find once downtown by walking or another 15 peso taxi.

Meals - now that is a whole other story. The best food at the most reasonable prices. Where the locals eat.

Beer - $1 at Club Sandwich Cafe on Av. Tulum between Burger King and the Bus Terminal. Closed on Mondays. R-1 bus to downtown and get off in front of City Hall (Palacio Municipal). Walk across street and turn right at Burger King and go one block.

5. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Parque de Las Palapas

We like to go down to Parque de Las Palapas at night toward the weekends. There's always some entertainment of some sort going on and you can find some good deals on clothes, silver, etc. There's a festival the third week of March where leather goods are sold at deep discounts. Check with your concierge to see what's happening the during your visit.

6. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I seem to get the best deals on the silver I have bought at the shops in Plaza Caracol. That mall doesn't seem to get much traffic, so they seem more willing to barter to make a sale.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice