BEST PLACE DOWNTOWN FOR CHEAP BEER??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ELLABEAR424, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you all tell me your favorite place downtown to get a beer and enjoy the atmosphere??
    I used to know places like that but not anymore.

I like to spend a little time away from the Hotel Zone and just sit outside and chill during the day/afternoon.

Not looking for a bar, just a neat place to have a beer.

KLAW, I KNOW you have a recommendation on that favorite Avenue of yours. :D

Thanks guys,
    ELLABEAR424

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Los Arcos on Yaxchilan

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Les Gloutons on Kabah, they have great ambiance.

4. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How would you describe Los Arcos on Yaxchilan?

Is the beer cheaper there than in the hotel zone?
    What is the ratio of people that go there? Tourists Vs. Locals and or americans living there like yourself?

Thanks,
    Ellabear424

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Everything on Yax is cheaper than the HZ. And there will be some tourists but lots of locals. Los Arcos is half patio, so it's nice, you can sit outside and see people walking by. They have live music when it gets late. It's not fancy, it's just where I always end up when I go downtown for a cheap beer.

The other place, Les Gloutons, is not really downtown, it's a bit farther, near Costco (near Ave. Kabah & Yaxchilan). But it's a lot nicer than Los Arcos. And is just really pleasant. It's one of my favorite places here, and is not well-known. You won't see tourists there at all.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like Los Arcos too as well as El Asador which is right next door.

They also have live music some nights. It's two stories with the bootom part beinga patio like setting. Youcan definitely still hear the music but it's not quite as loud as if you're sitting upstairs. The upstair has a few tables on a balcony overlooking the street and the rest are indoor kind of...you don't really go into a building but it is covered over.

Lately our favorite hangout has been Yea which is across the street from La Placita.

Bottomline is there are lots of bars up and down Yaxchilan many of which are 2 X 1 so you can find cheap beer. Take a walk down the street and just pick a place that appeals to you.

Who knows...you might just bump into me sometime. :lol: :lol:

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In addition to anywhere on Yaxchilan, I really like Parque las Palapas. Again, lots of little hole in the wall places to choose from, with good people watching and cheap beer.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree!!!!

A great place to people watch while having a few beers.

9. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What kind of music do they play there?
    Do you know what time it starts, usually?

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    El Asador has a band that plays cover music from the 80's 90's and now.

I'd guess the band starts around 11pm or midnight..we usually don't show up until after 1am and they're already playing.

BTW..I forgot to mention that I think they have food there too if you feel like eating but truthfully better quality can be found down there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice