BEST PIZZA IN CANCUN - JUST OPENED TUESDAY

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Sep 13, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try PIZZAMORE at the corner of Kaban and Coba. If coming from Walmart/Sams area, it is in the curve going to the right like you are heading toward Lopez Portillo.

The Canadian owner, Corey, is a personable guy who we invited to join us at our table, which he graciously did.

They are offering 50% off through the end of this month. They deliver as well. I just parked as close as I could to the outside tables but a lot of the car was in the sidewalk. Parking is tough but worth a short walk.

They started us with a tray of hot, fresh bread and chimichurri. We asked Corey if they used tomato sauce, which is not very common here. He brought as a bowl or two of it, plus a bowl of olive oil with garlic pieces that we could brush or spoon on.

We unanimously agreed that this was clearly the best pizza we have ever had in Cancun. It is an intimate place with only 14 tables. It is not a location with a history of failed restaurants. They deliver but we live so close we didn't ask about the delivery area.

Nothing fancy or gimmicky. Thin and crispy. We had a calzone as well that was about the size of a loaf of bread.

Yummy. I hope more people discover this new little jewel.

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds nice, I can't picture where you mean though - near to pollo pirata? There's a motorcycle repair place next door or something - opposite Chedraui and Soriana? That's when I imagine but not sure where you mean.

3. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to the left of Pollo Pirata, in the curve.

4. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do you have a tel # , thanks!!!!!!!

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Something is bizarre.

This place is now closed. Some sort of dispute with the landlord, who claims the equipment is his and wants rent for it as well, in spite of the fact that the tenant bought it elsewhere. At least that is the report that I heard.

Very sad as it it/was a great little restaurant.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice