Best month for first timers

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dannoman, Sep 21, 2008.

1. dannoman

dannoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wifey and I are trying to decide which month would be best to go, and which day to arrive. We'll probably do a 5 day trip our first time. We're thinking about going over a weekend.(Fri thu Wed) Her BDay is in Feb, so I thought that might work....but probably not real busy that time of year. May seems like a fun month because so many forum members go then....but might feel like outsiders.(at first anyway) We normally go to Aruba in July, so we thought about just doing TTR instead....but July is the middle of hurricane season. So, how bout some advice for a couple of first timers. Would also love to do the booze cruise with Steve...so that will be a factor as well. Also any advice about booking flights out of Chicago and rooms at TTR would be most appreciated. Best rates?

TIA

Danno

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well we went the first time in April and this year we went at the end of May with all the repeaters...you will NOT feel left out. My man (whom never posts here) was welcome even as "Mr. Angibaby" LOL! He would come back from getting a round of drinks for us and tell me he tought I was famous. LOL!

I will say I really liked the weather in April better. May was super humid.

3. MrHammy

MrHammy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April to May is a great time. I was down at last year and think i rember you Angibaby but is is always hard to remember. you will never fell left out and will have a great time!

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Feb would be good, with lots of crazy Canadians to stir up the crowd. May is great, although the weather in CHI is pretty good that time of year. I would stay away from July or early August as the pool is too hot, and the crowds are not as crazy. The Labor Day period is always lots of fun. We have missed the October crowds, and I am sure that group is a lot of fun. Nov and Dec are great, but you could hit a couple of cooler days. NYE at TTR is the great way to celebrate.

Flying out of CHI gives you lots of choices, and some very in-expensive last minute deals. Go early and often!

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Anytime at TTR is better than anytime at home.

That being said. I like May first, October second. Outside of that it's either too hot or too cold or just not right for some other reason. But I would never turn down an offer to go. :D

Jamie

6. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me either Jamie! :D

7. tommyboy

tommyboy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really liked May but it was extremely hot. The repeaters are what make it a blast. I go in October because it is snowing up here in the rocky mountains and the price is great. I call it the post hurricane sale. I would never wish a hurricane on Cancun but it is ok if it dances around there as the prices go down. I was able to book air and room for less than 800 for the week. I can not go to Vegas or even remote getaway here in the states for that .

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    If you think it was hot in May, don't think about JJA.

9. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    The middle of April was great last year and we'll be there the same time next year - 14th thru the 23rd!! :cheerleaders: :cheerleaders:

10. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Our first time was the end of Feb, it was pretty packed then. The rest of Cancun was starting to get spring breakers and I believe there were a handfull at TTR as well.

Looks like we'll be heading back in mid-March this time around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice