Best Deals

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NC Brits, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    What kind of room?

2. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Garden view room. We aren't that picky about the room because we only spend 4 or 5 hours a night there. The room was fine. Same kind of room we've stayed in for 10 trips.

Airfare was free because we used CC points. We always try and fly Southwest. Free baggage is getting to be a big plus.

3. 1slippery1

1slippery1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Trivago compares the rates of most of the travel sites for you. My dates show as little as $203 a night

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    I here ya on the room. I feel the same way... kind of. We have always upgraded to a jacuzzi room around the quiet pool in three trips. It guarantees first floor, and a pretty good room. I was always just nervous about getting a crappy garden room facing the street or a dumpster, and it was just a small increase in price. This year we have travel miles to use so we are going much cheaper, and decided to up grade to a Tower room. We wanted to see what the tower rooms were like, so with the discount, figured this was the time. Sending our son to college now, so probably garden room for the next few trips.

As for the OP. We have used Orbitz and Funjet for booking in the past. We usually could get a jacuzzi room for around $2400 with flight for 5 nights. Since we have miles to use up we have discovered their prices for just a room are really barely any cheaper than the bundled flight/room package, so we had to find another option. This year we used Snaptravel. I just booked a Bash tower room for 6 nights for $262/night for the end of October.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    There really are some crazy good rates being shared in this thread via 3rd party sites. Yet TTR and premier continue to say no discounts, no 3rd party sites blah blah blah.

Please take note those of you planning to do the presentation soon and considering buying in. It is really about doing the research, then the math and then determining if the benefits outweigh the costs.

6. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We have had good luck the past few trips searching Kayak and Trivago. Just booked last week with Booking.com for our November trip at $143/night.

Booked direct flights through Expedia for $816.

All in, 7 nights plus flights = $1820

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Mark and Staci

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4

To each their own, In 10 trips, we havent seen any benefit worth thousands of dollars. Especially now, since last week we were talking to members that paid $50-80 more per night than we did.

8. chrsun

chrsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0

It's the same here. Found a good price on booking.com. 10 days at Halloween, for 1600 dollars. 1 person with a sea view

9. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    So we booked our second trip through travelup.com and did the instalment option. Found a better rate on the resorts website today. The $112 deposit is non refundable... anyone that is experienced with booking directly or through travelup.com, how do I go about getting that better rate? Will the resort honor their rate and discount me the 112 or should I try to get travel up to match the rate?

10. Mark and Staci

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    I did the same thing last April and they applied my deposit to the lesser rate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice