Best charter fishing guide in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sweetchildomine, Nov 6, 2013.

1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are taking a family trip to Cancun in July of 2014. I am looking to charter a fishing guide for either myself only or a few of the family members. I/we would like to try and get into some Marlin, Sailfish, Barracuda or some other deep sea species.

I would like to find out from people that have been on excursions, around that time of year hopefully, that can give a good heads up as to the good and the not so good of charters in the area with the highest rate of success.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I always use Kin Ha, which is just down the beach from Temptation. Lenni and I went in Feb and caught lots of fish. No Marlin though (Feb isnt the season, better chance in July).

I can also get you a discount at Kin Ha, let me know closer the time if interested.

See my page below for season info:

http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/Fishing/

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,
    With this company can a small group go? Like if we found friends to go with, say only a handful of guys want to go - how much notice would you think they'd need?

4. Garett&Danielle

Garett&Danielle Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to know, we want to go out a day when we're there in January!

5. ruben088

ruben088 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fishing charter

We at aquaworld have great fishing charter for up too 8 people, 4,6,8 hours message me for more info ill give you details

6. qccritter

qccritter Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Last Feb/March during our Isla Mujeres stop on the Boobs Cruise, Amy and I hung out at Brisas Grill. There was a small group next to us that had a huge plate of grilled fish they were sharing. It smelled amazing. We talked to them a bit and they said they had caught the barracuda that morning on a fishing charter. They had so much they couldn't finish it all, so we were the benefactors of the leftovers :) AMAZING! Does anyone happen to know if there is a charter that is affiliated with that particular bar? They mentioned they went out and caught it that morning, and Brisas grilled it up for them.

I know there are probably many that offer the same experience, but we'd love to wind up grilling at the exact same place only with our fish :)

7. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    thread back to life - we arrive 6-19 for a week at TTR and plan on a 1/2 trip. Back in late 90s I went with couple co-workers on a 30-35ft sport fisher and caught quite a bit. We Probably wont book in advance, want to pick right day weather-wise. Maybe find another couple that want to get away from the madness for a few hours..

8. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is a charter that leaves from/by the quiet pool. The name of it is Kianah. They don't require a deposit just a verbal or email confirmation before hand but not required you show.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Otherwise there is the place Steve is refereeing to called Cha Chi just to the north of TTR(walking distance). They have several boats and will clean and cook your catch at the end of the day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    very cool thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice