Best area of hotel zone for swimming?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jennibear, Apr 28, 2008.

1. jennibear

jennibear Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I will be going back to Cancun July7-14. Last time we went in January and stayed at the Avalon Baccara. The ocean was really rough and red flags were out the whole time. I've read that the northern part of the hotel zone is alot calmer, because it is protected by Isla Mujeres. We still want to enjoy the waves....so hopefully the water won't be too calm there. I know it depends on the weather and seasons too... Any suggestions of a good inclusive resort around that area?

[​IMG]

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All of the Rius are on the north side and yes, the swimming is much better. You'll get a little bit of waves at the Riu Cancun or Riu Palace Las Americas, much fewer at the Riu Caribe.

3. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would not shy away from the eastern shores of the Hotel Zone in July. The water will be much calmer than during the winter months, when you were there. Avalon and Avalon Baccara are good resorts, others you may consider for AI include:

The Royal in Cancun-high end adults only
    Barcelo Tucancun
    Park Royal
    Golden Parnassus-adults only
    GR Solaris
    Sun Palace-adults only

CANCUN TOP 100
    212eric

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for us best swimming areas are from Presidente Intercontinental to El Embarcadero, having Isla Mujeres in front vanish most of the waves.

5. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    beaches

Dreams Cancun has the best of both worlds....a beach on the Caribbean side and a beach on the bay facing Isla Mujeres. I don't recall the beach on the Caribbean side to be incredibly rough, but I believe they get enough waves to keep it interesting. The beach on the bay side is usually very calm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice