belize to cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Oct 17, 2007.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is there any bus service from Belize City to cancun? i can't find any flights that make that route..

thanks

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Would it me easier to get the bus over to Tikal and take a flight from there?
    TRacey

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No idea John. But there are busses between Chetumal and Cancun. The busses might not be able to cross the border. I think you are looking at a transfer.

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't find any either. There used to be Cancun/Chetumal--you might check that too.

5. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have to take a bus from Belize City to Chetumal, then another bus from Chetumal to Cancun. Try to take the bus line "Batty Brothers" out of Belize City - I have heard it is the fastest with the other lines making several stops along the way. I believe ATS makes the trip from Chetumal to Cancun, if ADO (www.ticketbus.com.mx) doesn't travel Chetumal to Cancun.

6. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ADO does service Chetumal to Playa, but I believe the bus from Playa to Cancun only operates from the 5th Ave station. The bus from Chetumal goes to the other Playa station close to Constituentes. I took it from Chetumal to Playa a few months ago and then walked over to the 5th Ave station. It's a nice trip and only had 2 stops between.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John,

CancunGringa is correct, but she always is. If you are going FROM Cancun take the ADO to Chetumal and then take Batty Brothers to Belize City. A no brainer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice