Bed Buying

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by YessicaBB, Jul 9, 2008.

1. YessicaBB

YessicaBB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am Yessica I am hoping you will be able to help me. Does anyone know where you can buy good beds from in Cancun?

Thanks
    Yess

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know where to buy good beds, I brought a 300 lb. forged iron bed to Mexico when I moved here (I love my bed, even if it does make me a target for a lightning strike). And we bought our cheapo wooden guest bed from one of those guys who pushes a furniture cart around the city. But if you like Italian furniture, well, there are lots of places in Cancun.

Anyway I just wanted to say welcome to the board Yessica.

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Yessica,

It really depends on how much you want to spend and if you're looking for real quality or a 'whatever' bed.
    For example you can get bed bases and matresses in Sams, my friend bought one from there and it's plenty comfortable.
    Ours came from Liverpool and is really comfortable, but it's more expensive there. We got ours from there because it was a venta nocturna - night sale with promotions.
    There's telebodega on Lopez Portillo and they have lots of beds to choose from.
    There's also a bed shop on I think it's Avenue Costa.
    Then there's the flashy furniture shops if you're looking for something nicer looking such as Ascue.
    Hope this helps some.

:)

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a very good double/matrimonial mattress and a metal base/frame that I am sellng for $150 US or $1,500 Mxn. It is available now. They came from Telebodega. The mattress brand is Wendy which is good quality and a popular Mexican brand name.

It will gone by Friday afternoon if not purchased, going to a needy family that I know. But I would prefer the money as I already do a lot for them anyway.

Send me a PM to see or buy.

5. YessicaBB

YessicaBB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen Thanks I will have a look in the shops you mentioned.

TJ thanks for the wonderful offer, but I really want my first bed that I buy to be brand new :wink:

Rivergirl Thanks for nice welcome.

Yess

6. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently furnished my condo and the matresses telebodega is the best place bar none. They have a huge selection and a showroom to test them out. Telebodega sells furniture as well, but not great quality.

My beds I bought at azcue in plaza las americas.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I agree telebodega has a huge selection. If you're after fancy shmancy then it's probably not the place for you but for regular everyday stuff it's fine.

8. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    beds

Telebodega is good for the amount of selection, but Sams, Costco and Wal Mart are better quality matresses overall. And the cost at Sams is cheaper then Telebodega on a real good bed.

9. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is not true Sams and Costco are not cheaper on a good quality mattress, quite the opposite. Trust me I spent 30K recently furnishing my 3 bedroom condo.

#1 Telebodega has a much better selection of mattresses everywhere from budget to top of the line

#2 Telebodega you can test the mattresses

#3 Telebodega will negotiate prices and offers free delivery

Sams and Costco have limited selection and prices are not cheaper, especially when you factor in delivery, plus they only offer like 1-2 styles and Telebodega has about 50 styles/brands

I bought very high end pillow top Sealy in May 2008, the 2nd most expensive sets offered. They gave me free delivery and 10% off below prices using a credit card

2 full/matrimonial regular price 3890 pesos each mattress only no box spring

1 queen regular price 4490 pesos each mattress only no box spring

1 king regular price 6190 pesos each mattress only no box spring

10. catbrown

catbrown Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree - I have furnished three houses and by far the best choice for mattresses is Telebodega, have done the same scouting as Steve. being able to walk around and test them all out is a major plus and then for me the delivery free to Puerto Morelos is the kicker. They have various wooden bed bases and as a first bed they are fine you can paint them or varnish them or cover them with the bedcover or even get someone to build bed posts to attach if you fancy a canopy. You can also build a concrete bed platform. I did that in two houses and they work well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice