Beach?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by kevinoc81, Jan 25, 2007.

1. kevinoc81

kevinoc81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the beach bad in Cancun now? I know I saw the pics after they did that beach restoration project or whatever and it looked just as beautiful as it did when I was there 3-4 years ago, but now I am seeing some pics on trip advisor and stuff and it looks like the whole beach has been washed away. What a shame if it has, as that's 75% of the joy of Cancun. Is there space to like play some frisbee or throw a football around or something without running into everyone? Just wondering. I guess I'd be more worried about the area around the Flamingo since that's where we're staying.

I don't really care about what people say about the place and staff, and food, etc. as it's a bargain type place and you make the most of it. I usually think most of these horrible reviews are people who wanted to pay the minimum for a trip and be treated like they're staying at the Hilton, but if the Beach sucks, that's half the trip!

Here is a link to the review that has the pics that scared me.

http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.co...o_Cancun_Resort-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In many cases the beach is better than it was before the Wilma thanks to the beach restoration.

I wouldn't worry about what you read on Trip Advisor. For some reason the majority of posts thre seem to be negative in some way.

I haven't stayed at the Flamingo so can't tell you first hand how the beach is there but i'm sure someone will wander along here soon who will be able to.

Just take what you read with a grain of salt on Trip Advisor. Some people just can't be pleased no matter what and it seems those people always end up on Trip Advisor.

But bottom line is that the beach in Cancun is fine.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is what the beach at Delfinnes after reconstruction last March
    [​IMG]

Not bad HUH.

4. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beach

The beach at the Westin used to be quite narrow.

Last Nov. you could about play football side line to side line, it's that wide :wink:

Trip advisor... bunch of whiners IMHO

Jimmy

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach is in flux, going up and down with the weather. BUT, even when it's down, it's still bigger than before the hurricane. The pics can be deceiving depending on the angle they choose to shoot from. Yes, at some points there is a dropoff or wall and you can take a pic from there that makes it look like there is NOTHING.

The one place that has really lost a lot and is back to pre hurricane conditions is the beach behind the Forum. The rocks are back and the beach has receded a lot. See some great pics here http://www.royalresorts.com/gallery.php

6. kevinoc81

kevinoc81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool. Thanks guys. I knew not to take any of the comments at TripAdvisor about Hotel service, cleanliness, etc. serious. #1.) It has actually been proven through different studies and such that people who have a bad time are much more likely to leave a review than people who have a good or great time. If you're pissed you want to hurt that hotel somehow so you post. If you had a good time you often see no reason to log on or you spend more time thinking of the fun you had with each other than the anger you have for the hotel. #2.)Like I said, we know and understand that we are going to a 3-4 star hotel and as long as the bar is free and the sheets are clean that's what we expect. People complaining that it's quesadillas and tacos every day at the AI? What did you think you were gonna eat? I don't know....I just know we are the type to make the absolute most out of our trip and not sweat the small stuff.

I mainly posted the link because it had pictures of the beach and they looked kind of disappointing so I figured I'd ask the people around here whose opinions and statements I trust a lot more

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was our opinion that when we stayed at the Flamingo, the beach was narrow. This was true before the hurricane last year, so, if anything it is larger now. Just be glad you are not staying at the J.W. Marriott, the beach is full of medium to large size rocks!

212eric V.P.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I said, the beach seems to change day by day. Hubby came home from work yesterday raving about how great the beach is looking this week, bigger than last week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice