Beach walking advise.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like to walk, I walk 3-8 miles a day. I have been really looking forward to walking the beach 1st thing in the morning, but I just realized I will probably not want to wear my tennis shoes since I'll be in and out of the surf. Are water shoes the best options? Any recommendations on brands?

Thanks,
    Alice

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me preface this advice by stating that I do not own a pair myself:

I have seen many people in Cancun walking the beach wearing a brand of shoes known as Crocs. These types of shoes seem to be very popular so I am sure someone who owns them can say one way or another if walking on sand and in water is a good idea.

212eric

3. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Eric. I do have a pair of Croc flip flops, I don't wear them much but I'll be sure to pack them.

4. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know how many miles it is from the Cancun Palace to the Krystal??

Thanks,
    EB :)

5. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a distance if I remember right. Like 5 kilometers (3-4 miles) at least, huh?

6. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody have a map that shows the distance from the Krystal to Club Med?

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now that IS a distance! Krystal is on the far north end of the island that is the Hotel Zone, and Club Med is on the far south end. Krystal/Punta Cancun is like Kilometer 9 (Very near Party Central) Club Med/Punta Nizuc is like Kilometer 21! That's at least 11 kilometers, which is probably somewhere around 8 miles, and it seems longer than that even!

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are some places at HZ where you can run and some others where it tis impossible due to the lack of beach plus big rocks on the way.

9. Marooned

Marooned Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've walked the entire cancun beach twice (over four different trips) from the hotel beach on the mainland to the beach past Club Med where a guard stopped me (there is some kind of FONATUR preserve there). I usually wear my sandals. These are not regualar sandals, but the kind they use for hiking or river rafting. It is a really good rubber and there is a loop that goes over your toe. For me they are great. I am on my second pair.

Other than walking across the bridge at the north canal, the pathway across the point at Dreams and going thu and across the Hyatt to get back to the beach, it is all along the shore. On the bayside there are lots of large rocks to hike across, but it is possible. On the surf side it is almost continuous beach from the hotel south of the Hyatt to Club Med. There are areas like the Westin that screwed up their beach, but it is still passable. I will tell you that when you are walking, especially on the surfside with long views, it looks a lot easier than it really is. You can walk for hours from Club Med heading north and still not get to Dreams. I highly recommend this beach hike. There are few places in the world where you can walk along a beautiful beach for such a long distance.

Disclaimer: My beach hikes were before Hurricane Wilma. Obviously some things may have changed since then, but according to the pics I've seen hiking along the beach should be even better now.

10. Marooned

Marooned Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    http://www.chacousa.com/products/ProductOptions.cfm?cID=3&pID=2&gID=1

The brand I wear are Chaco Z/2s (link above). There is a toe loop that keeps the sandal against your foot. It sounds uncomfortable but it is not. I'm so used to the toe loop I don't think I could wear anything else. I wear these sandals daily and my first pair lasted almost 8 years. This includes walking and hiking over very tough terrains. Like your tires, eventually the rubber will split. As soon as this happened I went out and bought another pair.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice