beach sand?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by latinlovers, Feb 22, 2007.

1. latinlovers

latinlovers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys, is the beach hard or soft packed sand? Is it feasible to run on it without feeling like you're in two feet of water?

We arrive on March 14th! Can't wait!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    good question! I would say closer to the water is fine to run around, however closer inland its soft, but shells in some places!! All depends, but the beach is amazing nevertheless!

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Because of the shell fragments since the restoration project I found it easier to run wearing some sort of shoe. Just wear good socks to prevent chafing from the sand. The sand varies in depth, consistency and ease in different areas. Either way, it is possible and fun to run on the beach there. Especially in the early AM when the sun is coming up over the sea.

4. latinlovers

latinlovers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like I'm going to run right before going to bed....

thanks for the advice .We'll bring good shoes!

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You never know.... her husband might suddenly appear from behind some bushes. :D So what ever else you do, keep your socks on. :wink:

Jamie

6. dbaker81

dbaker81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just watch out for three inch pieces of rebar in the sand! That makes for an unpleasant vacation, but mexican painkillers are fantastic! Regardless, I'd wear shoes!

7. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes wear shoes, the condition and cleanliness of the beaches will change every few hundred feet from property to property.

8. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    See for yourself.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/SoonLovesPailin/CancunBeach

Have fun.

9. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Easy to run right along water's edge barefooted, but easy to get soaked with unpredictable wave patterns. Also, depending on where you are, it is at a quite a slope. Further up on sand is flatter but full of shell fragments, so would definitely wear shoes.

Where we stay, I would often run/speedwalk one direction on dry sand with running shoes (Solymar to Club Med), then walk up to sidewalk/running path and run to Hilton along playa dolpines, then back to sand to get back to hotel.

Instead of wearing IPod/MP3 on arm (ugly tan lines!) I would carry it wrapped in a face cloth - keeps it dry and also gives you a cloth to wipe away sweat on face.

10. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there also tends to be lots of big rocks on many beaches in cancun. you have to be careful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice