Beach Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sandyjoanne

sandyjoanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    beach palace

Dave t
    Yes the Beach Palace is open. It opened the week of Dec 15th. If you go on the Trip Advisor site there is a review with pictures. We wer at Cancun Palace on the 16th and heard it was opened. We did not get over there though. I did see the review and pictures, they are very good.
    Good Luck
    Sandy

2. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well my brother and sister-in-law went to the Beach Palace today and reported that the place is absolutely beautiful. Very upscale and modern. They said that there were only about 15 guests visible. They sent me several pictures via MMS on my cell phone so I doubt that I can get them posted for you all. The most disturbing picture that I saw was the one that clearly showed that there is NO BEACH!!!!!!! That is very distressing.

None the less, I am going to book my vacation for Feb. 9-16 tomorrow.

If I learn anything more, I'll let you know. Can't wait to get the heck out of Chicago.....it's 5 degrees outside right now. Ouch!

DaveT

3. Albert in NM

Albert in NM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :( No beach thats the pits I am going to the Cancun Palace on Feb 9th to 16th .That is bothering me but I am still going and I am looking foward to it. I do want to check out the new beach palace sounds cool . I hope there will be a little beach by then . Albert in NM

4. urefinneJ

urefinneJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Beach Palace does have a beach.
    As a matter of fact, it has one of the only stretches of beach that isn't filled with the gigantic rocks that are in the water almost everywhere else.

Big drawback about the Beach Palace is that it is super-high security. Don't expect your friends to be able to come and visit you there, on the beach or anywhere else.

PS If you want to use the beach in front of Beach Palace, you can get to it by walking through the ME (next door). The folks at the ME are very friendly and didn't give us any problems about walking through. The folks at the Beach Palace on the other hand... well, we won't be staying there or recommending that anyone we know stay there any time soon.

5. Albert in NM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :? OK is there any current pics of the beach or what use to be a beach? I hear so many sides is there some pics from any body out ther on the beach that can help ? Albert in NM

6. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My brother and sister in law were there yesterday and said that there was NO beach. I don't know.

DaveT

7. Albert in NM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :( Hey thanks Dave for clearing it up . well I guess I can just wait till I get there to see how the water is doing at that time ahhahahaha
    Thanks Albert in NM and the count down goes on

8. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Albert,
    I am sorry to deliver crappy news like that, but it is what I was told. I don't like to hear it either as I'll be right down the street from you the same week you'll be there. I am optimistic that the beach will reappear in the next few weeks. Even if it doesn't, I am still going to jump into those warm, blue waters and do some bodysurfing!!!!!

Can't wait! We booked our flights today, so the countdown is officially on!

DaveT

9. sandyjoanne

sandyjoanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Albert

Albert
    Are you staying at Beach or Cancun Palace? We were at the Cancun Palace on Dec16th and there was not beach. But when we left on Dec 23rd there was like 20 feet of beach in front of the Cancun Palace. The beach comes and goes. In the beginning you could still walk along the beach, as some hotels have more beach front than others. It was real windy the first couple of days and the waves were real high. They were washing up the sand. Then the wind died down and the beach started to come back. So it will be anybodys guess if you will have beach. Hopefully it will stay and get better.
    Sandy

10. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just my experience over the last 20 years:

hurricane or no hurricane it always seems that dec and jan bring about high tides. We have gone every month possible and from our experience these particular months are infamous for stealing the beaches in some areas. You can have zero beach for a number of days, then a bit of beach for a few etc.
    Come march - august the tides seem to shift a bit each month. By mid summer the waves are more rolling than crashing...meaning a wider beach with a more gradual slope.
    We leave mid march and expect some days to have a bit of beach, and some days to have none. Almost always, you can find an area near your hotel to "lay out" and relax.

I use to spend weeks freaking out about the weather and beach. Only once can I remember truly cool weather and no beach and that was a january trip to playa.

You will always enjoy the beautiful water...no matter what.

Have fun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice