Beach Cottage Style Furniture

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Candi Crye, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Candi Crye

Candi Crye Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I are moving to Cancun in September 2008. We have vacationed there for 15 years. However, now that I am shopping for furniture instead of tee shirts, I can't seem to find anything I like. I don't care for the contemporary thin cushion sofa's and chairs I find in most of the centro furniture stores. Telebodega seems fine for appliances and TV's, but the furniture is big and bulky. I'm looking for beach cottage type pieces. Light fabrics, seaside prints, stripes, or soft color solids, and some wicker. Shabby Chic with a little chippy paint or distressed antique look is good too. We have a condo with living, dining combination, three bedrooms, kitchen, laundry room, two baths and terrace so I will be looking for everything!!! Can anyone help me? I thank you in advance for any information you may have.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I am not sure about cottage furniture but I recently bought furniture to furnish a condo at Liverpool, Dettaglio and Costco. Other places I looked were Sears, DICO, City Club, Azcue and Sams. Actual is more traditional and expensive.

3. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On Isla Mujeres, we often contract carpenters to build the furniture and use one of a couple upholsterers to make the cushions, matching curtains, etc.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might try Pergo......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2019
  5. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Candi

I recently went through the same thing as you, there is a place called bamboo at home around km 6-7,. they probably have what you are looking for.

Also try altimus http://www.altimus.com.mx/

The good thing about altimus is they are an ashley dealer, so you can ship in any ashley USA and get the model # and they can order it for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice