beach conditions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cindyinmpls, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Tele65! See you at the Royal Sands. Look for me in the at the pool bar in Royal Sands phase II.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Re: beach repair

Saw something in the local Cancun newspaper today about it, my Spanish is not too hot, but it looks like there are definite plans to build "artificial reefs" 250m offshore along 11km of coast at a cost of 255 million pesos (~$25 million USD).

The first 'failed' restoration cost 200 million pesos by comparison. There was no mention of a start date.

3. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be there next week. . phase 2. . .P5049 is our villa. My first name is Philip.

4. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone. I am here at the Cancun Palace as I type this. There is no doubt that there is a severe need to restore these beaches. It is sad that they really are no where what they were a few years ago. We do have about 20 feet of beach behind the Cancun Palace, but walking along it, it is clearly visible that huge rocks are just below the surface. The sand is rocky and very course. There is talk of restoration, but I've not heard any definite timelines from the locals.

Dave
    Chicago

5. Albert in NM

Albert in NM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave thanks for the report . Is the beach that way all the way down ? I hope you get some pics would like to see them . man that sucks I may look at going to playacar palace in Feb of 09 . maybe the beach is better over there.
    Albert in NM

6. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Janie. . . .you'll be there soon I'm hoping and I'm sure. :) Besides. . .I'd have to start taking a trip a month for a LONG time to catch up with you, my friend!! :):):)

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Philip,

Have a WONDERFUL vacation, mi amigo!

[​IMG]

8. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Philip,

Hope you had a great time at the Sands. What was the beach like? We'll be there the end of February 09. Can't wait!

9. mexico-bl

mexico-bl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's kinda sad. More people. more money but nature is being jeopardized.
    hope they'll do something about it.

-----
    edited by Steve

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Mexico-bl you are banned. Don't think I'm not wise to your underhanded trick of spamming links to your own site, I am. And I don't like people taking advantage. Your other posts have been deleted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice