Beach Clubs?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by redhed, Mar 2, 2007.

1. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everybody....we're another couple nearing retirement looking around the area to live. We recently spent time in Cancun pueblo staying at the Radisson. We took the local bus out to the Hotel Zone to see a couple of beaches (wow!) but were surprised to not see any beach clubs for public use. We went to Marlin Beach and Delfines.

Where do all you locals go for a beach day? Is there another beach along there where you can rent a palapa, chairs and have lunch, drinks etc? Or do you all take your own stuff?

Gracias!

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just take all our stuff with us. There is a beach club behind The City, but it is a bit expensive and the service wasn't great. We do love to go to Isla Mujeres and hit Playa Norte. There you can rent umbrellas and chairs and get drinks at a number of beach side bars.

Cancun is pretty limited in it's beach clubs! Playa del Carmen has more, there is one at Maroma Beach which is great if you have a car too. If you go to Playa Caracol, there are a limited number of chairs available for rent and sporadic service from Mocambo. I haven't been to Playa Tortugas in a looong time, but aside from Fat Tuesdays, there used to be a little shack restaurant with service as well, couldn't tell you if it is still there though, was never our favourite destination.

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep. They still have lounges at Fat Tuesday you can rent and also order food and drink. I think they do have washrooms in the flea market but I've never used them.

I'm really missing Carisma!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Washrooms" is a generous term. When we were there it was a couple of toilets covered by plastic tentlike things and flushed with a bucket. :D

5. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies.

I was really surprised to see the lack of beach clubs...but...I guess that's why it's called the Hotel Zone! :)

We have been to Isla Mujeres many times... first time was 1980! We've also spent much time in Playa del Carmen and further south. With all the beach clubs in those areas I was expecting the same in Cancun. However, the beaches are so beautiful in Cancun it wouldn't be too difficult to haul our chairs, food and stuff for the day. :D

And Maroma does sound interesting....will for sure check that out next time.

Gracias

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice