Basketball, Pioneros Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 18, 2013.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Soles are from Mexicali.

2. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The games are
    Away - Jan 23 & 24
    Home - Jan 27-29 if needed
    Away - Feb 1 & 2 if needed

Hopefully we can steal one on the road and sweep them at home.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks, T.J., now people can make some plans, if they'd like to try this new diversion for those living in Cancun.

Tickets are available at the games, it seems. Any details, T.J., for those who will just plan to show up at game time?

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

Just show up after I secure my tix for the regular seats.

Games start at 8:30 pm at Polyforum. Coming from Centro, after Cumbres you will see a lighted Pioneros billboard on your left. At the next traffic signal, Campestre, take the retorno and then the first right WHICH IS IMMEDIATE so be careful if driving. Really careful as you are crossing 3 lanes of oncoming traffic and you don't have time to mess around.

Ticket windows open at 7:30 Mexican time. There are no advance ticket sales. Going early is a wasted trip.

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I made a mistake on who we are playing tonight. It is the Toros from Nuevo Laredo.

I've been trying to find it, without success, on television, radio and the Internet.

I did find that our arena, the Polyforum, seats 5,300, the largest in our league.

There is a game being broadcast on Cablemas channel 160. Guanajuato is getting killed by Xalapa

6. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for keeping us posted, T.J. Basketball, via the Pioneros, is turning into a nice bridge between those who like football, but not baseball, and vice versa!

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, we lost last night, 86-80 so down 1-0 in the best of 7 series. Game 2 tonight, and a win would be huge. We only have 3 games at home so must win one on the road to move on to the semi finals.

We were outscored 27-17 in the last quarter.

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We won a close, hard-fought game last night. Game 4 is tonight at 8:30 pm and I look forward to us evening the series to 2-2. We are the underdogs and playoff basketball underdog must win all of their home games and steal one on the road as the favored team has the home-court advantage in every series.

It could've gone either way until the very end of the game when we pulled out the victory.

It was easily the largest crowd the season but there were still plenty of good seats available. Come on out and cheer for the Pioneros, our local team. Our record at home is now 18 wins, 3 losses. We talked to a couple of players after the game and they gave a lot of credit to the crowd for the victory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice