Bash Tower Pool

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by CEP, Jun 24, 2019.

1. BandLus2

BandLus2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    We visited in May and the cheese sticks where not good. I was disappointed. They have increased the size of cheese stick and unfortunately the center never got melty, center was hard and cold. Maybe Sept will be better.

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    We are usually quite buzzed by the time we get up there from a day at the pool. We like to get a snack before we pass out or attempt to get ready for dinner. Can honestly say that everything we have tried up there has been great......but after a few hours of shots and whatever else in the pool, our judgement could be a bit skewed ;)

3. PNWCouple

PNWCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +575 / 0
    The shrimp tacos up there are the best. I wish they had them for room service in the tower.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I give the Sky food a better rating than John. Had a burger up there today that was deeelish. Still super-quiet up there...they need to find a way to promote it so people go up there.

Oh, they have finally turned down the volume of the music at Sky! I meant to post about that yesterday. It's now a perfect volume, you can have a conversation over it. #clapclapclap

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Sean loved the cheese sticks at Sky (new this trip for us). We had them on 4 days, and each time they were crispy on the outside, and hot and gooey on the inside. #YumYumYum

We were disappointed with two of the 3 raw tuna dishes. Instead of being a peppered or true Cajun crust, the crust tasted like seasoning salt and we found it overbearing. The Kobe burger in the trio of burgers is the best of the three. I would skip the other two and order all Kobe. I think we ate a dozen of the shrimp tacos during our trip! The flank steak tacos are also good, but the shrimp ones are outstanding.

John mentioned the wings at Sky. They are good, but we prefer hot wings that come coated in hot wing sauce. These are fried plain, with sauce on the side. BUT one day at the sexy pool they had four different kinds of hot wings in covered buffet servers: BBQ, buffalo (coated in buffalo sauce, not on the side), plain drizzled with blue cheese, and I can't remember the 4th kind. The buffalo wings were excellent, so watch for Wing Day when you are there if you love wings. It was on Saturday this past week.

BTW, the music was at a good volume EVERY day at Sky, in case you all were wondering if it was just one of the days when we were there (we were afraid it was a fluke the first day). Javier, the regular bartender at Sky, has been with the resort for 13 years and is so funny with his sharp little daggers of dry wit. :D

6. CEP

CEP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Thanks so much for the detailed description. Less than two weeks and we'll taste test all your suggestions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice