Barcelo Tucancun? And a few other questions...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by BrianL, Jan 8, 2007.

1. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys

First of all, I'm glad to see this website still up and running the way it was when I was a regular here about 2 years ago, the last time I went to Cancun. This was always the most informative website and I really appreciate it, as my vacation was amazing.

Now,

I'm looking to go back this year.... with my girlfriend and a few of my friends. We all are kind of low on money as we are just out of college and are just starting new jobs in the real world. I am very close to picking Barcelo Tucancun, only problem I'm seeing is the varied reviews by different websites:

Expedia gives it 2.5 stars
    Travelocity gives it 2 stars
    TNT Vacations gives it 4 stars
    CheapCaribbean gives it 4 stars.
    TripAdvisor gives it 3.5 stars
    TripAdvisor user reviews gives it 4 stars (Out of 500 reviews)

Now, has anybody been here? I've never seen a hotel get such varied reviews... As long as it is a 3-star or better, I'll be fine as I've never gone to a hotel higher then 4 stars and have never had anything less than a great time on vacations (2 times to Cancun and 3 times to Punta Cana).

What do you guys think? Should i go through with it?

I have yet to find a map that shows both hotels and clubs on it. I know the Tucancun is right across the street from the Isla Mall, and walking distance to Senor Frogs, but I can't remember where some of the bigger clubs are... like Fat Tuesdays (MY FAVORITE!!), The City, and Coco Bongo. I'm pretty sure the Riu Cancun is right in between all of them.. is this true? If thats the case, this hotel is in a very good position.

Finally... if your not a big drinker and you think VIP packages are a waste since you can just drink what you want at the hotel, how much do places like Senor Frogs and Fat Tuesdays cost to get in? I t hink its 15, but I'm not sure.

Well, thank you if someone can answer these... can't wait to go... May 22-29 leaving from Boston is what i think i'm doing.

- Brian

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ughhhhh... well, that sucks!! I was looking forward to going back

Its not Bavaro, its Barcelo by the way... I made a typo

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good...because I was starting to wonder if Tucancun was recently franchised to a retired New York Giants tight end or a retired thoroughbred. :lol:

5. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hahaha... Thanks for changing it though.

So what are the main clubs in Cancun now... I just realized I havent been there in 2004... 3 years! The place has probably changed alot since then.

The ones I went to before were... Senor Frogs, La Boom, Fat Tuesdays, Coco Bongo, The City and the Foam party at the Oasis.

So La Boom and Fat Tuesdays are done..... What about the other 4? Any new ones?

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The top clubs right now would be The City, Coco Bongo, Dady'O, Dady Rock, The Bulldog, and Basic (for the biggies). Smaller clubs include Senor Frogs, Carlos n Charlies, Corona Bar, Dos Equis Bar, Terrasta, Slices, Lucky Monkey and Congo (just to name a few).

7. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The other four are still there. Have you tried Dady Rock or Dady O's? They always seem to be left off everybody's list of "to do" clubs, and am not that sure why. Have you been?

8. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

No, I think we skipped over those. It was right across the street from The City if my memory serves me right? It looked nice from the outside.... We got conned into going to the city instead...

[​IMG]

yeah they never showed.

9. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love the Tucancun been there twice. I would say its atleast a 3 and half star ( personally thats what i think) the rooms are nice and the view is amazing! the food is eatable. the staff is WONDEFUL!

walking distance to senior frogs? well good luck with that! now its only a bus ride away but we did try to walk there once and got to tired and took a cab! lol all the clubs are just a bus ride away

With in walking distance there is TWO mall's :) a police station , a pizza and some other stores. Really though i love the Tucancun. I was going to take my family there this next vacation however the ocean is a bit rough on that side for small children ( imo) if it was not for the roughness of the ocean we would be going back there hands down.. Matter of fact if we can use the other beach's that tucancun owns and stay at tucancun we will be staying there.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in this hotel my first year in cancun 5 trips ago. I really enjoyed it. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was great. Now mind you this was several years ago. But I did have fun there for sure. It was well suited to younger people too.

I am also staying there this March 15th as well.

Most clubs depending on what time of year you go they charge from 20-45 USD for the clubs and bars.

I would totally go for the AI option as it's easier to get your drinks and food at the hotel. Rather than having to run out and get every meal and such.

I have this map and it shows all the hotels on it. Hope it helps
    http://www.cancun-map.com/map_cancunzh_ing.asp

This one shows everythign on it
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice