Barcelo Costa Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Feb 7, 2008.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Eric. that is a really good idea! I may just do that. Actully I may email Tucancun and see if they can do something like that for us!

were booking this week and I'm still a bit nervous about making the wrong choice but I know it will all work out! I really wanted to try a new resort but man Tucancun is a really good deal for the money!

I am thinking .. maybe to make it "new" to me and DH we can do new tours this time. Ones we have not done before. Or visit some of the other Islands. I know we do want to take the kids on one of the tours we have been on but we can do other stuff the other days .

2. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in Barcelo Costa in Aug 07, really liked the location of the hotel and the layout, the rooms were lovely the only downside I found was food and drink. I stayed in this hotel when it was run by the Real group and the food was great and cocktails full of alcohol although this time its was a dissapointment. I was speaking to quite a few of the staff and they told me that it had def gone down hill from the Barcelo Group taking over, I was told all they want is to cut costs which is just unacceptable. Apparently they were also talking about people paying a supplement for certain drinks. The food was unimaginative and the cocktails watered down. Also entertainment is terrible there is a couple that sing in the lobby bar everynight who are awful and it just echos around the hotel, I think it is done purposely so that all inclusive guests do not want to stay in the complex. A real dissapointment considering the hotel itself really is lovely and not too big.

3. EastLondon

EastLondon Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are staying in barcelo costa! we paid £1035 for it

4. cdcdcd

cdcdcd Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me & 8 friends are stayin ther 2nd july for a couple weeks, stayed here last year you won't be disappointed!

5. gracie

gracie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we just stayed at the Barcelo on Jan 24 to Feb 6..it was my 4th time at this hotel and my girlfriend's 9th time..we really like the staff..they were very accomodating..and i like it because it is not a very big resort..therefore i feel you get better service because you get to know the staff.
    i do agree about the awful singers everynite..we never stayed at the hotel at nite..always went out to other places..but the food was good and there are three different restaurants to choose from..
    the only complaint i had was the fact that they keep these parrots in a big bird cage..and every morning between 6 and 8..they felt the need to squawk so loud and wake every one up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice