Barcelo Costa Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Feb 7, 2008.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone stayed here? what do you know about it? how close is this to Tucancun ( that area)

how is the beach? the food?

were still struggling on deciding where to stay! Cancun palace went up 700 since we last looked so thats out!

eeek ok never mind after reviews I dont like that beach.

Looks like we may be back at Tucancun again. I so wanted to try some place new but looks like for the price Tucancun it is. ($2700 for all 4 of us fighting and all)

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Barcelo Costa is good however the Tucancun is definitely a higher rated resort. The beach is what makes it for this resort however the Barcelo Costa is a good resort if you want calmer ocean waves. This is especially good if you are traveling with youngsters. You mention about Tucancun "$2700 for all 4 of us fighting and all", but what is the price of the Barcelo Costa? Whatever you do, don't fight!

CANCUN TOP 100
    212eric

3. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Eric. it is $3306 for Barcelo Costa

We honestly love Tucancun but it's the only place we have stayed and I was hoping to try some where new. BUT I seem to panic when thinking about staying some place and it turning out Tucancun was nicer.

We are bringing the babies this time however I think we have decided we can travel to another beach if it's to rough at Tucancun for them.

We LOVE the location at Tucancun also. I am just really really struggling on what to do. We are booking next week and it's all been laid on my shoulders. I dont want to make the wrong choice :(

Me and Dh was talking tonight and I guess we COULD do cancun Palace but it would mean we take a less spending money.

Here is the places that are a possiablity. I just get so confused on the reviews of all the places. so maybe you guys can help.

These dates are from July 1st to July 8th

Oasis Palm Beach - Formerly Oasis Beach Price: 2,480.16 * I'm thinking NO on this one*
    Oasis Cancun Hotel Total Price: 2,648.16 *not so sure about this one either*
    Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort Total Price: 2,690.16 * have not read much on this one*
    Barcelo Tucancun Beach Hotel Total Price: 2,774.16 * stayed here twice *
    Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel Total Price: 3,166.16 *still reading on this one*
    Great Parnassus Resort & Spa Total Price: 3,166.16 * I think this is a no go heard beach is pretty small*
    Barcelo Costa Cancun Total Price: 3,306.16
    Crown Paradise Club Cancun Total Price: 3,592.16 * researching*
    Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa Total Price: 3,670.16
    Cancun Palace Total Price: 3,974.16 * the cost JUST for the resort is $2700 same as going Tucancun with flight*

Now as I said we could do cancun palace or one of the others that are around the cost but not sure if its worth that much extra. what do you think?

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Catrina, make sure you check out Alpharooms (link is below in my signature) I havent checked myself for those particular hotels but they have some awesome prices.

I've stayed at Great Parnassus a few times, Dani loves it. Probably one of the most kid friendly hotels in Cancun.

5. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I checked a bit ago and it would cost more to book flight and room apart

(((( pulling my hair out here ))))

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    steve where is Great Parnassus located compared to tucancun? and how is the beach and food?

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Parnassus sits between the Royal Islander to the north and the Hilton Golf & Spa Resort to the south. The beach is not the widest in this location however there are two things to consider on this. First is that there is a beach reconstruction project planned and I believe it is supposed to start in April or May (someone, anyone, feel free to be more specific about this).

The other item to consider is that while many reviews will be negative about the size of the beach right now, it is not representative about how the beach will look during the summer months. This is because the Hotel Zone's beaches suffer a natural erosion during the hurricane season, only to become wider when the tides change in February.

Finally, try no to stress yourself out about all this planning. It sounds to me like you have everything under control. While yes, I agree there are a lot of choices out there, you are doing the right thing by doing your homework. Planning your trip should be half the fun, so really, relax and try to enjoy.

CANCUN TOP 100
    212eric

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we stayed at the costa in 2006 when it was still a real resort.

i would say its pretty comparable. only one pool but they have a kids section to it. the kids program at that time was great.

the beach isnt as nice a sthe tucancun, but its really calm which might be good for what youre looking for.

the food at the time was pretty good as well.

keep in mind that both the costa and the tucancun are sister hotels so if you stay at one you can go to the other one and use the amenitites no?

9. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    see thats what I thought also april. which would make my mind up for me. b/c then i'd stay at Tucancun and visit the other resort once in a while. But I was told no. that you cant do that

10. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is true, these resorts are sister resorts however they do not share property priveledges. The Barcelo Costa does have a day pass option, for $49 per person. This seems quite excessive to me, especially if you are already a guest at the Tucancun.

What I recommend is you stay at the Barcelo Tucancun, but speak to the manager and let him know that you were considering staying at the Barcelo Costa for your kid's sake. Ask him/her if they will give you a guest pass, you never know, they might be in a the right frame of mind that day and give one to your family to check it out.

Buena Suerte (good luck),
    212eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice