Barb Reviews

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andrea&Mario28, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Andrea&Mario28

Andrea&Mario28 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +349 / 3
    So I do read trip advisor reviews but I don’t let it blind my decision. We are members and we been back several times 4 times in less than 10 months and most likely we will continue to come. In the last few days their has been a bunch of negative reviews and many I have to agree with our check in have been horrible ever since the remodel. They don’t want to give you a room right away even if it’s available it seems like, if they don’t have a room available they try to give you a lower category even if you paid for a higher one, shouldn’t they try to upgrade you if they fuck up or try to make it better.

We don’t go back for rooms,locations food we go for fun in the sun but they need to get their shit together or they will start to loose people I guess better for us so they Can lower the rates again. They have a great operation but some employees are making it hard to want to come back for some folks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    They already have lowered the prices significantly. The concerns of $400-$500 to get in the house prices never lasted or even materialized. But yeah I get your points and agree

3. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    I still love it but there are some insanely simple changes they could make to IMO increase happiness. Some people may agree and others might think I’m petty af.

*We don’t seem to get welcome drinks during check in anymore. Two trips to the new Temptation = no drinks.....Five trips to the old Temptation = beer delivered during check in

*There needs to be a pool/hot tub open after 7pm...preferably 24 hours but if it has to close at 4am or something then so be it

*Security needs to chill out on the innocent stuff like body shots and kissing. They should focus on cameras and taking care of people that are touching without permission etc

I think those are my pet peeves currently. I’m heading back in 83 days so I hope some have been resolved *fingers crossed*

Nikki

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  4. Andrea&Mario28

Ratings:
    +349 / 3
    And we get it they can't please everybody but when it's the same thing over and over makes you think that's the new norm. We know we will make the best of our stay because of the people we will see again and the new friendships we will make but I can't say this enough you have a great operation take care of your repeats, so comp upgrades it don't cost you anything do the small little thing that's what really makes the difference.

5. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    So the big question, even with the renos, has TTR lost it's lustre? (the property itself, and/or the brand and customer felt experience).
    It's easy to point out negatives... would love to hear about what's good/great about the place and management now, as well as the negatives so we can read more comprehensive feedback and reviews from members and non-members. Surprisingly, baseball caps in restaurant occurrences brought out the pitchforks and torches, yet there seems to be a 'ten foot pole' invoked on this topic? :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Good things:

Restaurants are generally a much better experience, IMO. Even in light of the new, freshly-enforced, men in pants rules. No reservations for either the main Asian or Italian, just based on room in the place and if no room waiting list like anywhere else. Quality off the hook, also IMO for the price I'm paying ($0, except as part of my daily AI rate).

Booze: A generalized uptick in quality of all booze available to everyone, across the board, members and non-members alike. Premier members have access to more/better,t hat's true, but we DID pay for that. Tht menu of options can be sort of hit & miss, but they've had Crown Royal there every single time we've been back, Fireball too, both of which didn't really happen at old-TTR.

Rooms: A generalized upgrade of the entire hotel can't help bu make all the rooms (averaged out) way better. Sure, there are individual room problems (smells, mold, loud noises/music at weird times) but that's not a comment so much on the "rooms" as it is he construction... which I think we'd all agree was rushed.

Crowd: So far, awesome people still going to TTR, we've been back 3x since reno, and met cool new people, and saw some of our oldest TTR people each time. No change there. A slight demographic change due tot he price point initial change... I think the market is handling that on it's own. Dropping.

Party: The party is set to be just as On Point each night as old-TTR... the new security presence does act as a damper on good, sexy innocent fun... but it is also acting to step on inappropriate incursions and touching, which is good. Security has a difficult job at TTR, it's true. What I think is... they "could" handle security just like they do at one of the Desires and it'd be fine. The crowd is relatively self-policing, after all.

There you go. Issues of frond desk, butlers, leaks, hazards, daytime & nighttime music... all of those are more negative now than before... even in the spot of (butlers) things that didn't even exist at old TTR. The butler service is So Bad that they really ought to just get rid of it. Nobody would know the difference. But, if you introduce a guy as "your butler" and then you never see that dude again in your week's trip... did they build value, or lose it, for your trip? Eh?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    In our 2 visits since reno we have not experienced what @Andrea&Mario28 have experinced in their OP.
    We did have to wait for our rooms as we arrived by 11 each time.
    But we are pros and had our pool bag ready for a quick change.
    Both times rooms were ready by 2-3.
    In fact we have been treated extremely well and have actually been able to see and agree to our room prior to the luggage being moved.
    We do express chekin on line and do have our favorite sets of rooms.
    We will see how it goes in Aug and then Oct/Nov when both trips we will arrive 10-11.

As we all know we all have different, both good and bad, experiences.

8. Andrea&Mario28

Ratings:
    +349 / 3
    We don't think it lost the party atmosphere , like Stacia and John mention a change in democratic did happen due to the price hike. Our issue is that in the 3 times we came back the check in has been the issue (the young lady check us in) and the bell boy, or butlers have always try to make it better and fail. Everything else so far has been good to great for us we will now be coming back for the 4th time in less than 10 months.

Then the string of bad reviews on trip advisor it's about 6-8 negative reviews 1-2 maybe but some many sound like something is happening.

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I just read thru a bunch of the TripAdvisor reviews. It was semi comforting to see the resort responding. Did seem like there was a theme of front desk issues, inconsistent rules enforcement and lack of understanding and poor service if anything was asked for out of the standard norm. If they are listening may force me to write a critical but constructive review of our April experience.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I should point out we do not use the front deak check in area and are directed to the Premier check in area... a private area around the corner on the way to Sutra. Our Butlers come to us.
    So basically I cannot speak to issues that others have had.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice