¿Baloncesto?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by coby, Feb 27, 2009.

1. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playing basketball is one of my favorite stress relievers, but I'm really curious about the popularity, and thus availability, of basketball in Cancun.

I like to both play and watch, so, are there any adult recreational leagues in the city; or maybe just a place where you can find a pick-up game?

And are there any college, semi-pro, or pro teams in the city?

I imagine that I'll probably become pretty interested in futbol once I'm in Cancun, but am hopeful that basketball exists in some form as well.

Thanks!

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know there's a team that plays out of the Casa de la Cultura, the Pioneros de Cancun in the pro league. It's really the only place I've ever seen anyone play ball except in some of the parks.

http://www.latinbasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=MEX&Team=10491

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that! I was a huge hoops fan before I moved down here but have totally lost track of it since the move.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The park in SM31 has some kind of regular pickup basketball game schedule. I see them playing almost every time I'm over there. They have a ref and everything. Seems like they play in the evenings. Sorry I don't know more, but they've been doing this for quite a while, it's organized.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is that the court by Cheester's? I've seen guys playing but didn't know it was a regular event.

5. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks RG and CC!

That's actually great - a team to watch and a place to play (possibly)!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Canuck, Yes, on the court right there in front of Cheester's...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice