Bad idea?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Eivissa, Mar 1, 2011.

1. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second and say that Cancun is not without danger, especially for a girl all alone. The extremely poor male-female ratio plus the mass amount of alcohol consumption bring out the worst in some guys. A couple times last year on Oasis beach, a few girls were surrounded by dozens of drunk guys who were acting like animals who had never seen a girl before. I was a little worried for those girls. And this was during bright daylight. So, I don't think your concerns were unwarranted. If you want to to get shitfaced (you are named after the party capital of the world), I definitely think you need at least a buddy to watch each other's back.

Too bad you didn't spend more time on the forum beforehand to make some friends. I'm not saying you don't still have some time, just make sure you really get to know the people before making any plans with them. Chad can tell you how much fun he had on his own but he can probably also tell you about the nightmare roommate (he rather hastily met on CC) he had to deal with first half of his trip before he got rid of him. CC, like the real world, is fill with a lot of awesome fun nice people but at the same time there are also some bad apples. So you really should put in the effort to get to know the people and not just blindly placing your trust in them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you think you are a good judge of character and you can make friends fast, then do it. Make a lot of friends on cc, not just a couple. Because then if the first few end up being douchbags, you will always have more backup plans. But if you don't realistically think you can make friends in the next 10 days, maybe you should save the money and go with your real friends some other time.

I don't know about making friends there. When you are a girl in Cancun on spring break, a lot of times guys will be friendly to you, not really because they are nice but because they want to get into your pants. That friendliness can't be depended on. But I think you are old enough to know that.

That's my honest opinion.

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Henry...Awesome! I agree 100% with what you said.

3. ddzc

ddzc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think you have anything to worry about and should go and have a great time but be safe, especially at night..find some cool trustworthy people/friends from your resort perhaps and chill with them when clubbing, etc so your not alone at night...

4. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just dont get too shitface and if you do make NEW friends....make sure you trust THEM before getting TOO shitface. just a precaution!

im thankful that i got bunch of friends thats always willing to go with me on a trip....but every year, its getting thinner and thinner as they grow "old" and start to have relationship/getting married.

ive been going to cancun on St Patty's week for the last 5years....and not gonna stop, if i have to go by myself next year, i will! but im staying at Golden Parnassus where i know half of the staff.

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I will ALWAYS go with you Mikey! lol. You'll never be without a travel partner! or Kendra! lol.

6. 808sensation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but you might reschedule on me :p

7. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    efff you! lol. check your voicemail and hit me up on FB fool. lol :typing::fish:

8. 808sensation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and again, you might not pick up your call or listen to your vm too! LOL

sorry for thread hijack......anyways, i say do it!

imo, TEMPTATIONS would be TOOOOOOO crazy for single girls trip though.

9. Ally

Ally Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did consider cancelling but I also considered going alone before I found a friend to come alone. In retrospect, now that I actually can't go I definitely would take going alone over not going at all. Live and learn lol but fair point

10. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Henry on this one...bad bad idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice