Bad food reports....

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by MelnReg, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Butch-N-Amy

Butch-N-Amy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    We just went to Temptation last month for the first time. We didn't have any complaints about the food but it was far from 5 star.

2. MelnReg

MelnReg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    We are not 5*prudes BELIEVE me! but we stayed in DR and it was just gross at a 4.5* and stayed at the Barceló Tucancun and it wasn't much better. We think the food at TTR is great. Lots of stuff we avoid but lots of great stuff too.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well we go to TTR for the party. But we are trying gov hoping we can have our cake and eat it too. Meaning, still have the party but also have a nicer room and beach and better food. If having better food meant we couldn't have the party then of course we prefer the party but I don't see how they relate. GOV can win us over by having both.

4. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Yeah, I've been reading those TA reports too. The reports have been pretty consistent across the board about the food. We are booked for GP end of April but I have a few months to change to GOV without penalty. We don't go for the food, but the reservation thing needs to change. TTR IMHO always had pretty good food and choices. GOV does need to match the quality.

5. Butch-N-Amy

Butch-N-Amy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    We will also be trying GOV on our next trip and hope to get the best of both worlds. Kyle, we will be eagerly anticipating your trip report in May. Your trip report from TTR in October got us really excited for our first trip which was in December. Your group/experience were just what we were hoping for on our trip. Luckily we met up with some cool similar minded people and had the best vacation ever.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    By far, between the GP and TTR, the GP has better food and no reservations. We are about ready to book GOV in March as the spring breakers in early March at TTR are a bit annoying for us as we are in our 50's. We like to party all day and into the night but not with spring breakers. Besides that it will be somewhere new. We are looking forward to the trip reports. Happy new year to all.

7. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We can relate completely. Last year we were at TTR march 5-12. First 4-5 days were fine but the last few were pretty bad with single spring breakers from all over the world. This year were going back to our earlier dates, Feb 26-Mar 4. Re the Food, I just got a personal email from Valentina that the new GOV has food quality as a main priority and she is confident with the staff we will not be disappointed. IT says so much for the manager to be putting her name, reputation on the line here at CCC. Should say alot.. and the fact that the owners son is seeking input and also has food on his list. We think they get it that they only have 1 chance to make a FIRST impression on us.

8. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    IT says so much for the manager to be putting her name, reputation on the line here at CCC. Should say alot.. and the fact that the owners son is seeking input and also has food on his list. We think they get it that they only have 1 chance to make a FIRST impression on us.[/QUOTE]

Agree totally! The first Impression is very important. If we are not happy there, we won't be going back, on the other hand, if we have a fantastic time and the amenities are what they say they are going to be, we would certainly return AND invite friends. Positive experience and word of mouth advertising is going to make or break this place in the long run.

9. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you sure GOV won't be overrun by spring breakers? It's closer to the clubs, isn't it?

10. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Cancun is pretty much over run ,,check out the TTR march reviews

We just tend to avoid Cancun in March

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice