Backpacks and school supplies...CAN YOU HELP US OUT?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Mar 16, 2007.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For everyone that's coming down, if you could help out the poorer kids here by bringing school supplies and especially lunch coolers and backpacks. We start school in August. It is very difficult for many families to supply their children with the necessary school supplies ESPECIALLY at this time of year. This is our DOWN SEASON...locally, it is known as SeptiHAMBRE...hungry September. The Hotel Zone is quiet and everyone dips into the money they had put away all year. This little extra help is needed and appreciated by me and all the kids that you guys support with the things you bring! I will be donating these backpacks and school supplies to the Government school children. I am working with the Mayor's wife, Señora Rubi Alor to get the names of the schools most in need of help....where toilet facilities don't even exist. The basics aren't there, yet the people realize how important a basic education is!!!! The few pencils and pens and notebooks, memopads that you all bring down add up to be able to supply hundreds of needy kids.
    If you are interested in helping us out, please make your drop-offs to the club MY PLACE in the Center of the Hotel Zone next to TGIFriday's. Janet and Joe are happy to receive any and all your supplies.
    And thanks again to all my friends that have supported me and to all you new guys bringing stuff down. Please include your name so I can add you to my website: www.GiveAToyGetASmile.org
    I couldn't have done this without you all. We have put alot of smiles on alot of kids and families faces! THANKS! :D
    Nancy

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    We'll see what we can come up with when we are down there in May. :D

Jamie

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll bring some stuff down when we come in June. For the backpacks, do they just need the basic type ones or the ones with wheels? I know I have seen a lot right now on sale, so I'll get what I can. Also, what kind of supplies do they need? Do they even need crayons and markers too, or just pencils, pens and paper?

What a great cause, that is wonderful that you do this!

4. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any type of back pack will do. Any and all school supplies are welcomed and appreciated..markers, colored pencils, notebooks, binders, memo pads, pencil sharpeners, plastic pencil cases....we can use anything you are willing to donate! Thanks for thinking of my kids! You guys really make the difference!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice