Baby Trouble

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TheBlightcaller, May 18, 2007.

1. TheBlightcaller

TheBlightcaller Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks, new to this board, but I've heard good things,

My wife and I have been in Cancun a few years now, and we're expecting our first baby in the next month and a half, and are very excited.

Unfortunately, 3 days ago, we went in for our checkup (33 weeks pregnant), and the doctor found she was having contractions already, and must stay in bed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to try and postpone the birth, as 33 weeks is far too early.

Obviously this is a stressful time for us, but what's more is that she can no longer work in her current condition, and while we've saved up money for the birth, it's a little difficult here in Mexico, and with the new medications she's on, we're coming up short!

But fear not, the reason I'm writing this post on this board is because just 2 months ago, we bought a $5,489 Carrier Air Conditioning, which we now want to get rid of. We were interested letting go of it for the measly sum of $2,000 or so, just because that's what we need for the birth of our little babe. So if anyone needs an AC 2 months old, obviously in perfect condition, then you can give me a call 9982025630, or write me at cuorebrave@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!
    Matt

2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may want to give a little more information on the AC like BTU's Mini Split or window unit? Warranty from where?
    Good luck on the pregnancy One of my closest friends had her Daughter last year on Feb 14th at 29 weeks and She is doing great Her Pediatrician/Neonatologist is/was fantastic and Valentina is a thriving 15 month old.

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,
    What's the voltage, is it a 110 or 220?
    If it's a 110 I may be interested - but is it a mini smplit or 'ventana'?

4. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matt,

Can't you consider another option?

First you are going to lose a lot of money, then they (Mum and baby) are going to need it badly.

It is getting VERY hot and humid, mostly until July but it will last until October. But you know it, if you have been here for a while. You rest better in an AC room. You don't have a car, an old computer or other things?

5. TheBlightcaller

TheBlightcaller Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the response!

Hey all, thanks for the response! Sorry I didn't specify much, my brain is so scattered right now, with the bad news about the babe earlier.

The AC is a "ventana" unit, at 12 or 16000BTU's, I'll check when I get home. It's Carrier brand (one of the very best), and it's from Costco. Unfortunately it's not 110, it's 220. And while it's just the flip of a switch, the landlord who lives in a room of the house won't let us switch it, darn it!

Cunspin, thanks for the words of encouragement on the baby, what doctor and pediatrician did she use? And how cute, we were going to name our child Sienna VALENTINA if it was a girl! I really like that name!

And Jen, we really have considered all other options, we don't have much and my job is pretty low-paying right now as opposed to what I WAS doing (selling tours for Olympus). I'm hoping my FM3 will get ironed out soon so I can get my real job back. If anyone has any ideas where I could work in the meantime for more than 7,000 pesos a month? That'd be helpful. And since we can't get the electricity turned to 220, we'll probably use some of the money to buy a real small 110, because you're right, the baby and mom will need it in these summer months.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, gimme a buzz on here or on my celular.
    Gracias!
    Matt

6. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you purchased the A/C in Costco, you can return it there within 90 days. And they will give you the full purchase price back. No questions asked.

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The OB is Dr. Medellin in Pabellon Caribe and the Ped. is Dr. Ramon Campos Oltra I can't say enough good things about him, he saved my daughters life when she was a year and 10 months old.

8. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And if you need baby clothes, just yell.

We had a batch of babies go through a while back, but now we're running out of hand-me-down targets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice