Avoid spring break at Mexico (WTF?)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Romanticthug007, Feb 26, 2009.

1. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Beth prefers to be referred to as naughty girl.

2. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they were only dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha :roll:

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Great to see everyone seems to be educated about this, now go and tell your Moms and Dads! The older generation seem to be far less aware.

The major trouble is in the North which is 2,000 miles away - and yeah I wouldnt advise going there. But what the news is reporting is like saying dont go to Las Vegas because there are problems in New York. You wont have any problems in Cancun. Trust me, with a business that can be run online from anywhere in the World and father of a 4yr old, we'd be on the next plane out if I thought living here was the slightest bit unsafe.

The "Travel Advisory" that the media is making a fuss over as if it's something new has been there for 5 years and changed very little since the beginning, just that it got updated and re-released recently.

4. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also think that we shouldn't trivialize the extreme danger in certain parts of Mexico that's not Cancun. The drug war between the cartels themselves and against the Mexican government near the border is real and very serious. There are innocent people dying everyday in the crossfires.

This is why the US government really should stop with its failing drug prohibition policies and just legalize and regulate drugs like alcohol and tobacco. When you shift an inelastic demand from a black market to the local 7-Elevens, you effectively take away the ludicrious profit that bank rolls those real criminal activities. I can't believe the US government still has not learned its lesson from 1920s alcohol prohibition and the resulting explosion of mafia and crime spreed in this country.

5. LeonPhelps

LeonPhelps Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you guys think this will cause a lot of people to cancel their trips and the number of people will go way down for 2009? I hope not, that would just suck.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    numbers are actually UP from previous years, despite these warnings and the troubled economy.

7. LeonPhelps

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I don't think people will actually go a cancel their trips. It sucks that this came up right before spring break tho. I'm more worried about there not being as many people down there for 2009 then I am of being in danger down there. I just hope that Oasis is packed to the limit and everyone is partying hard.

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Student City has overbooked on most of the big spring break hotels, obviously they too thought numbers would be down. They are moving their clients to other hotels. Oasis was one of the hotels that they overbooked in, as well as Salvia, hence why we got moved out of there. No need to worry man, its gonna be packed to the roof!

9. LeonPhelps

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fletch you're going on the 7th right?

10. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I actually arrive on the 6th

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice