Avoid spring break at Mexico (WTF?)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Romanticthug007, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Romanticthug007

Romanticthug007 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, the report is partially right. It's REALLY dangereous to go to Tijuana right now. Drug cartels are hijacking police radio frequencies and announcing executions of police officers, then actually executing them. Driving pass through Tijuana (to Roseretta Beach, Baja, or all the way down to Cabos) is probably not the best idea either.

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I HATE FOX NEWS!!!!! :evil: And this is a prime example. Fair and balanced my azz. Most of the violence is happening in the border towns...sooooo far from Cancun and most other spring break destinations. And why would they say to stay away from an entire country? That would be like the riots in LA happening again, (but obviously more severe), and telling Europeans and other countries to not come to the US; at all. This is really pissing me off. Sorry, i had to give my two cents.

5. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    allow the journalist to step in, at the risk of being killed my everyone. there's not wrong with fox news. the warning is legit. (in my opinion.. unnecessary) but its from the state department and arizona universities. fox was just talking about it and expanding on it.

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Journalism has turned into one of the biggest thorns in the worlds side. Ever since 24hr news channels, it has become more opinion then news. I was a journalism major, until I just couldn't find it in my heart to do dirty work. I understand there is a State Dept alert, as I am in the process of moving to Mexico, so I hear if from family everyday. But to classify an entire county as off limits is just wrong. I have friends at ASU, and none of them EVER drive to Mexico. It just seems that with the Conservative views of Fox, they are more concerned about boycotting the country. But once again, just my opinion

Take at look at the article that a "journalist" wrote about Cancun.
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41406&start=0

7. airaaron_6

airaaron_6 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only thing dangerous about Mexico will be my drunk antics. Oh and yours too kids, I'm sure lol

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea allot of people go to spring break in rosarito and cabo from the western states and they have to go through the dangerous area by road so they really are probably correct to warn people but they should be more specific flying in by air to cancun is like 1000 miles away from all thos bs

9. Steve14

Steve14 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right, we should all watch MSNBC instead, I hear they are pretty fair and balanced...

Or maybe CNN, the Clinton News Network...

If you're gonna watch CNN, you might as well just watch Al-Jazeera and get the English translation.

10. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha.. very true

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice