Avalon Grand ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Avalon Grand

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Avalaon Grand here.

Located at Km11 it is a short hop by bus to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 25 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Cancuntravel

Travel Center

2. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Laura and I stayed here 3 years ago. We loved it. I know I have read
    some bad reviews about Avalon since, but the service was good, our
    room was oceanfront and beautiful. We have considered staying here
    again, we just got better deals elsewhere. Would recommend it to anyone.

3. Houston

Houston Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have stayed here twice. It was nice, but I dont' think we would stay there again. It's pretty quiet and their beach is almost non-existant. The service was great and we did get a fabulous beach front room.

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ok

Just got back from spending 8 wonderful nights at the Avalon Grand!! This hotel is something that must be seen!! The rooms are big, the beds are huge, and the service is second to none!!! I tell you what, they really know how to treat their guests! This hotel is great for students and great for families! They cater to both!! The room service food wasn't all that great, but their buffet during the morning and night more than made up for it!! Not to mention all the bars located through out the complex!! Out at the pool, they have an entertainment staff that organizes games, music, and activities to get everyone involved, whether you are young or old!! All in all, the Avalon Grand was a GREAT hotel!! Looking for a great deal, the avalon is the way to go! Great location, great staff, great hotel!!

Jason

5. NicoleD

NicoleD Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going in Jan

Hello,

Going to Cancun and January for the second time. The first time was like 5 years ago and we loved it. We stayed at the Cancun Palace. This time we are staying at a timeshare my parents bought and it is at Avalon Grand. Last year we stayed at the Avalon Reef Club in Isla Mujeres and loved it (Isla what an amazing place). How is the Avalon Grand? I have seen such mixed stuff. We are not staying AI so not worried too much about the food. What hotels are next to it, so I can try and picture where it is.

Thanks!

6. ballufann

ballufann Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stayed at the Avalon Grande during Spring Break 05. We loved it. Awesome beach, staff was wonderful, very clean, pool was great, and Pool staff was the bomb (CHARLIE AND TRACEY!!!!). Will definately go back here again!!

7. jack8351

jack8351 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Avalon Grand

My wife and I bought into this property 3 years ago. If you are looking for a deal on a variable week, we would be willing to sell. It just has not met our expectations.

8. K Man

K Man Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any new info

Does anyone have any new info or any recent pictures of the Avalon Grand. They claim they'll be open on September 2nd, which going by reports after Wilma, seems a little optimistic. Thanks!

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when i was there in march, it looked no where near being ready to open. but maybe some of the people living there will provide a more current update

10. hayes

hayes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the Avalon for 2 weeks in 2004 and it was an awesome experience. One of my favorites but we are trying Adults only this year at BBG. I think the food was incredible and had the best view room in the place too. I can't remember a thing to complain about so service was top notch also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice