Discussion in 'Desire Resort Forum' started by Sonny&Andrea, Jan 6, 2020.
We're coming a day late but added an extra day . Monday 8/3 to Saturday 8/8.
We are really debating on whether or not to cancel.
Our friends from Arizona just canceled so we will be going solo, which is fine, however this is my gfriends first time at Desire.. Shes a TTR vet.
Anyway, I don’t want her to get sour about the place if we go and it’s dead.
I can’t even find too many people going our days online 8/12-8/17 to point to. It’ll likely be a last minute decision
One thing we are wondering is if Desire is too dead, can they switch us over to TTR. We have never been involved on these boards or FB site, but are now to figure out if others are going.
We liked TTR w the smaller crowd in June, and the reviews about DRM have all been positive, too.
I think it’d make even more sense to consolidate RM and Pearl if they are both relatively empty. I’d be ok with that
Hope you still make it - we’ll be there 14-24.
We are booked at DRM from Aug, 12 to the 17th. We have been looking forward to our annual August trip but we're starting to wonder if we should maybe reschedule.
We're leaning toward not canceling, but we're not sure who else will decide to take a chance on what might be an empty resort.
Paradise is paradise, but Desire as a ghost town could be a bit of a let down. Or the 12 people that are there could have the time of their lives, make lifelong friends, and have a great story to tell (to almost no one).
I know some of you are also on the fence about going at this time. We would love to hear any thoughts you might have on the matter, especially if your dates overlap with ours. Even if nobody has the answers it can't hurt to have a discussion about the pros and cons.
We are definitely going; 18th to 25th. We plan on making the best of whatever situation presents itself. We are limited to our dates due to work schedules......
Perhaps you can extend your trip to overlap.
I hope you have a great trip. Please post an update to let us know how the resort is.
Thanks, but our dates are also firm. We would love to stay longer. Or, perhaps, live at DRM and plan a trip to Texas every few months.
What I'm seeing on facebook looks pretty encouraging. People either backing out or going and having a good time. What I'm not seeing are reports from people who have gone but are dissatisfied with their decision to do so.
I think it's safe to say that we continue to lean toward going (8/12-8/17).
We will be at TTR aug 10-16 then DRM 16-19