August 1st - The Big Switch for Sens

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by MinnesotaWoman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it is finally August 1st, the day Oasis Sens is changing from adult only 18+, to adult only, adult themes, Spicy and Enhanced, 21+ with a topless optional pool, etc.

Will there be a difference?

Not sure anybody has even been there in the last few weeks. The reviews coming out - good and bad - are short and rather stupid.

I wish someone would go and come out with a good review. We can see from the pictures what the place looks like. Tell us about the atmosphere, and what most people are doing at various times of the day and night. Tell us about the staff, and how they keep things going. (or don't keep things going)
    Are the drinks good, and is there really a long wait for everything? Is the "dress" around the resort in the late afternoons, evenings, late nights casual, formal, sexy, or a good mix?

Inquiring minds want to know!

So now GOV should be winding down -- I wonder how it's going there, as well.

2. ChicagoRocker

ChicagoRocker Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going there next week

Like you, I've been scouring the web for more info on Sens. We are staying there August 11th through the 16th. I hope spicy and enhanced is more than just marketing babble. From the reviews it's hard to get a grip on what to expect. I haven't been to Cancun in 9 years, but it's my 4th time there, so I will return to this forum and give you my honest take after next week.

CR

3. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome, ChicagoRocker -- I will be looking forward to your review!

4. ChicagoRocker

ChicagoRocker Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I posted my review here, but I don't think I answered your questions from this earlier post:

Atmosphere is laid-back, mostly. The main pool by the swim-up bar got a tiny bit rowdy during the days, and the Kinky Night Club tried to get things rowdier at night, but it never got too kinky.

Staff is great overall. Not too many activities, and not much participation in the activities they did have. Engage them and tip them and you will have a great time.

Drinks: It depends on which bar you go to and sometimes if you tip or not. Some bars have a few bottles of "higher than bottom-shelf" liquor. I know the VIP bar does, and the lobby bar might. Most others serve bottom shelf stuff. Dos Equis is the beer. Not terrible but not great. There is good wine available at The Box, but you have to pay extra for it. The worst wait we had for drinks was probably just at certain times at the swim-up bar, but it wasn't too bad, and it didn't happen too often.

It was mostly casual dress all day and most of the nights except for if you have dinner at Benazuza or The Box. Some people dressed sexy to go to Kinky Night Club, but there was a lot of casual there as well.

Hope this helps.

5. ishtiaq

ishtiaq Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just read another review about the stairs at Oasis Sens -- which I knew about, before booking -- so I can't complain. But did anyone who has been there find that it was a big deal? That will be something I'll have to remember to touch on, after we've been there and I do my review. I don't THINK I'm going to care about stairs --- but I really don't know. Hopefully they won't be slippery or hard to navigate after I've had a few!

When we went to VIM, one of the things I read about before going, was how large the resort was, and how much walking there was. A lot of people made it sound like it was going to be horrible, getting from Point A to Point B. Funny, because I didn't find the walking to be bad at all. Whereas when we stayed at Iberostar Tucan, nobody mentioned the walking at all --- and the walk from the room to the lobby got to be quite old for us, during our stay. So I guess people perceive things completely different, depending....
    :huepfen021::huepfen013::crab:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice