Attorney and/or Advice

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mutemouse, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mutemouse

mutemouse Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All,

I need to contact an attorney and/or anyone who can help with a construction problem in Puerto Morelos.

Last December, we purchased an existing residence in Puerto Morelos. At the time of purchase, the lot next door was an old ruin. Our realtor has contacted us, because something is now being built on this lot, and it appears they are building in our easement--literally right up against our house to be exact. From the pictures, it appears they have cut our plumbing that ran on the outside of our house and our A/C has been removed.

Our realtor has asked the owner of the lot, the architect and the engineer to cease construction until the easement question can be addressed but feels they are now only concentrating their efforts on that side of the house.

Normally, we would already be on a plane down, but I was diagnosed with cancer last month and am in the middle of chemotherapy with surgery and radiation to follow.

We have heard of an attorney in Cancun named Juan Corona. Does anyone know of him or have contact information for him?

Any other advice from anyone would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. CancunJohn

CancunJohn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an attorney who resides in Puerto Morelos who took care of the purchase of my townhome in Playacar. Let me know if you still need help, and I'll send you the name.

This attorney speaks fluent english and has an office in the US as well.

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I didnt expect much in the way of help on this particular subject, but that's two great leads!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got a good real estate attorney who I could give you the name of, though I'm not certain this is his kind of thing. PM me if you want his name.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  8. mutemouse

mutemouse Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you to everyone for your replies.

It is against my nature to involve an attorney in something like this, but it seems like a place to start given the circumstances. The eternal optimist in me would have someone come survey the property line, and we would tell the other party, and it would be resolved, but I think that may be too good natured given that we are not there.

Anyway, thanks again. I will let you know the outcome. . .

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have used Jenny Vance, who speaks great English, on several occasions. She was referred to me by a friend here and I have referred her to others who are happy with her work. Her son Chris works there too, sort of like a paralegal. From the US 011-52-998=887-3236.

She is working on my FM3 renewal and a purchase of a piece of real estate right now, as well as on a home sale on Isla Holbox that I am brokering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice