ATM Desire Pearl Trip Report - Feb 2015

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 25, 2015.

1. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Plush, exactly. "Bad weather" (it's embarrassing to even use that term for "68 degrees") or not, I can be judged/ridiculed/ignored at home. I almost never am, though. Putting yourself on stage like that AND feeling like an ass in "a super sexy resort"? Not what I want to experience for $700/night in Mexico.

2. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Laughing my ass off at the sexual position diagram and this thread in general. I can just imagine you two passing out like that by the pool... smh.... ;-)

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the report.

Have to admit Pearl has never appealed to us, for many of the reasons that you mentioned in your report. We've been for meetings there and had a couple of tours and it's seemed too quiet for us each time we've been. People sleeping naked in the sun or reading books.

Never been at night though, but slow restaurant service is always a bug bear of mine and if the party dies out around 1am then that's too early for us with the limited one or two days stay we would normally do.

Will be sticking with TTR..... at least until we are another 10 years older :)

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I am surprised you have not given it a try... If not only to obtain a first hand opinion but for business reasons also, whether there is a TTR shutdown or not. Maybe try rm in may with the ynots? We will be giving rm a first visit may 6-9.

5. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Kyle you are doing Desire RM and leaving your beloved Pearl??? Can't wait for the comparison report! Is RM supposed to be more of a party crowd?

6. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Day 3: Saturday, Feb 21

One thing I forgot to mention from Friday night (oh hell, it was 4:30am in the morning so I guess it belongs here), is that when we got back to our room, Mrs. Morgan made mention that she wanted to relax and get some much needed rest on Saturday, our last day before heading home. In a fit of alcohol-induced rage, I stormed out of the room and down to the lobby, bare-ass naked, and right up to the concierge desk. I demanded to understand exactly how some poor guy like me could get some chairs. The guy's English was broken, and I don't think he understood why I was angry, so I gave him an quick math lesson, like this:

"This resort has 88 rooms. It is completely sold out at the moment. There are exactly 2 people in each room (singles are not allowed at Pearl). That means you need EXACTLY 176 chairs, minimum, to seat all the hotel guests. You do not have 176 chairs. You probably don't have even half that much. This is a problem. Tomorrow is the foam party, and I want exactly two chairs right out in the full sun at the center of the party. (I then hand him a stack of fives and singles totaling $20)."

He tells me, the pool concierge does not arrive until 6AM, to which I respond that he would have to coordinate this with the concierge for me, because I'm not getting up in 90 minutes to make pool chair reservations. He took my money, name, and room number and I went to bed.

The next morning around 11 I went downstairs and found the pool concierge, who kind of hangs out around the pool area. I tell him my room number and he takes me to the two very best poolside chairs with full view of where the foam party would be. There was a sign on them "Reserved" with our room number. No need to leave personal items there or anything. This was great, and we loved our chairs, but seems like an unnecessary complication to something so simple as a chair. And most, nearly all, the reserved chairs were never sat in (much like TTR). It's a broken process at both properties. At least Pearl doesn't issue you towels in exchange for your room number with the threat of a charge if they aren't returned on time.

Anyway, as soon as we sit down, the entertainment staff was trying to recruit people for water basketball. I play a ton of basketball and love it, so despite the FREEZING cold water I was in. The game was way more challenging than I expected, primarily due to the length of the "full court" and the fact that the bottom of the pool is a smooth marble surface, and extraordinarily slippery. Still, it was fun, we lost, but had a good time.

As time for the pool party approached (2PM) it got cloudy, windy, and generally uncomfortable outside. Most people were covered with towels. Still, the entertainment staff (quarterbacked by Amy and Lena, a couple young women with great bodies) tried really hard to pump up the party. I thought nobody would get in, but to my complete surprise, there were probably 40-50 people that got in the water. We stayed over near the fun-hole side, where I had brought down some vodka-soaked gummies (Thanks Jess and Ryan) and everyone had fun. The music for the pool party was great, with a thumping DJ. A very nice change from the monotone EDM music that is quietly played by the pool everyday. I like EDM, but not in that setting, and not at that volume.

Once the foam party was over I had an opportunity to talk to Amy and Lena for about 20 minutes. I voiced some of my concerns about the property and told them we are Temptations repeaters, which they have never been to but were curious, so we shared stories. Got them to drop their guard a bit and admit some things as to why things were the way they were (re: management) and they shared in my frustration. Anyway, great, great girls and lots of fun to talk to. Did I mention their great bodies? Took a lot of focus to stand a foot from them both, completely naked, without, ummm, having an embarrassing moment!

Once the foam party was over our friends Scott and Laura finally had their room (they had been down the road at a roach infested shithole). Desire felt bad for referring that place to them, so upgraded them to a master suite at no charge. The suite had a jacuzzi right on the patio which was really, really nice. We spent some time there, and in the big jacuzzi, before getting ready for dinner. We had dinner at Aphrodite (same place as the buffet) but ordered dinner off the menu. Service was generally much quicker than the Pearl restaurant with equivalent quality food.

After dinner, a quick wardrobe change into very little clothing for the Disco. Same thing as previous nights, Dinner->Disco->Jacuzzi so no sense repeating all the details. It was lots of fun. I will say we developed a fondness for the "Mini-beer" shot. It was delicious. We managed to run the entire resort out of all the ingredients to make them. The Disco and lobby bars ran out first, but when we ordered more, they came and found us 10 minutes later with our shots. They had sent someone out to the jacuzzi bar to retrieve the stuff, and brought us the drinks. Nice touch!

Summary: Overall we liked the facilities, had mixed emotions about being naked, and weren't particularly fond of watching sexual acts all the time (though that didn't really bother us too much). Would we go back? Depends. If we had a decent sized group of known partiers like us, we would definitely return at the right price, especially now that we know "the game" of how to enjoy Pearl. More likely, we will try Desire RM next. In the meantime, we just booked another 7 night stay at TTR for this coming June, so I think that tells you where our hearts are at!

7. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The minibeer shots were damn good. And glad to hear Scott and Laura finally got something good out of the trip!

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Thanks for the TRs. I appreciated the various couples that all were there at this time giving their viewpoints. I feel bad you for at the bad parts. And at least you guys did have some positive moments. As TTR vets you all seem so be good with the "when life hands you lemons...squeeze the crap out of them and add ice and vodka" mentality. If any of us ever cross paths in the future, It would be my pleasure to bring you a bottle (mostly likely fireball with a pour top from what I gathered from other TRs), so you can enjoy it with all the people you helped save some $$.

I would like to know what these minibeer shots are all about that. Green/blue shit sucks, haha.

9. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the reviews. I really want to try Desire next time. Have been to TTR. Not a big fan... What is mini beer shots?

10. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    IOO...........Pearl is to TTR as Sensual is to Sexy.

Whatever works for you is what you and yours needs to do! The good part of all of this is that there is a choice!

It's all good! What's best for you and yours is up to you.......no worries........no judging........right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice