ATM Desire Pearl Trip Report - Feb 2015

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Nocalfun

Nocalfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A hut tub that is too hot sucks, but even worse is a cold one, especially when the weather is cooler and you look forward to getting in the hot tub!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Also wondering if you have or would consider Riviera Maya after Pearl.

2. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Jess I'm hurt you didn't read my comments. We did get a glass of bubbly at check-in. Somehow you forgot it :icon_biggrin:

3. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Thursday it wasn't warm enough to be in for long at all. Marginally warmer than the main pool. I'm not sure but I thought Friday it was a little warmer but faaar from hot tub temps. More like TTR pool in October, which in the sun is as hot as I can take the water for more than a couple minutes anyway so I was fine w that. I can't hang out at 98* + in cancun sun for long.

4. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I have no memory of bubbly. Shitshow did me right.

5. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Day 2: Friday, Feb 20th

Having stayed up entirely too late on Thursday night (7AM) and falling asleep in an somewhat embarrassing sexual position on one of the jacuzzi-side beds, to be awoken by a fleet of staff scrubbing the pool deck, we stumbled back to our rooms to sleep for a few hours. Unfortunately, when we woke up at 11:30 we realized that breakfast room service stopped at 11AM. Damn! There also is a $10 delivery charge to most rooms (not the Penthouse where Kyle stays, I think). So we got dressed and made our way down to the lunch buffet.

With a mild hangover, and generally looking like we had been ruffied and sodomized the night before, we entered the buffet. As I said earlier the room is very nice, and I really liked that it wasn't so overwhelming as the TTR buffet is. Perhaps it's because I'm still usually drunk, but I have a hard time navigating the TTR buffet in the morning. Seems like I'm always in someone's way, and I want to run as fast as possible from the omelette lady, who should win some kind of award for "Most Obnoxious and Loudest Use of Spatula". Seriously, that lady likes to show off her skills, but I think she could bring it down a level and still get the job done, without mercilessly slamming that spatula into the grill surface and scraping and scraping and scraping! I digress.

We finish our food go see if we can find some pool chairs. It had rained in the morning while we were sleeping so we were optimistic there would be plenty of chairs, but alas, all were taken. We found Ryan and Jess, who had somehow secured a jacuzzi-side king sized bed. They had gone to bed really early the night before, and were up before us but not sure what time. Anyway, with no beds or chairs available, Mrs. Morgan decides to go back to bed. Before I did though, I walked over to the spa and arranged for the 1PM "Erotic Massage".

As stated earlier, I felt very uncomfortable being or walking around by myself. I felt like people were looking at me. I went back to Ryan and Jess and explained the situation, and they said it's because I looked like a creeper walking around in my bathrobe. Oops!

1PM rolls around and we made it over to the massage. The spa was very nice. I'm going to omit the details of the massage here, other than to say, it was considerably more involved than what I've heard of the TTR Sensual Massage, or even what we had expected from the Erotic Massage at Pearl. Long story short, Mrs. Morgan is still talking about it. Great memories of that, expensive, but money well spent!

Mrs. Morgan went back to bed, the weather was crummy (cold and windy) and I even took a nap myself (extremely rare for those who know me). I made it back down to the jacuzzi around 4:30 and once again mingled a bit, met some cool folks from both northern Canada and another couple who turned out to be WILD partiers like us. We would spend most of the rest of our trip with these guys.

We had dinner again at Pearl (Mediterranean Night) with Ryan and Jess, as well as Scott and Laura (our friends from TTR who shared a taxi with us). Scott and Laura were still staying at the shithole down the road and were visiting this time on a day and night pass. Service this time was even slower. Nearly every time, at every restaurant (including future room service BTW) something was missed from our order, or done incorrectly. They confused Ryan's and my steaks, and didn't include the pork I had ordered. We learned early on to order two entrees due to the small portion sizes, but it seems that the more food you order, the less you get. That frustrated me to no end. The staff needs to do a much better job with attention to detail, here.

After dinner it was time to go get decked out for the theme night, Rave/Glow. We had already done this one at TTR earlier in the week so we were prepared with all sorts of silly and cool stuff. What we found out at the Disco though, was most people don't dress to the theme, or if they do, make only a very half-hearted effort to show that they tried. You won't find too many balls-to-the-wall theme participants like you do at TTR. They seem to be more interested in dancing for a bit, doing their own thing, maybe visiting the play room, or back to the jacuzzi, and then to bed.

Once we had sufficiently tired ourselves dancing (great DJ again BTW) we headed over to the jacuzzi. Jess was starting to get tired and left Ryan in Mrs. Morgan's capable hands as "surrogate wife", ie, keep him out of trouble (Ryan's a gentleman, so this is really just an honorary title). This was probably our most fun night in the jacuzzi, met more cool folks and kept the party rolling till 3:30 when everybody left. Mrs. Morgan and I stayed till 4am, and were once again the last people there. Two nights in a row and we had completely shut down Pearl. Kinda proud of that.

Saturday (foam party) report coming in a bit..

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yeah we love the disco and the dj will play almost whatever you request within reason. Did they still have the song request board by the pool during the day? We had several nights where we closed down the disco, at 1am :( and then the hot tub at 4am :( Seriously impressed that you made it to 6am. Was there no music at all at the hot tub? They played trance both times we were there and one night the power went out and they let us play our own music (don't worry everyone it was because there was no power and no music so we were not doing the competing music thing that so many abhors.)

Come on, we need a pic or sketch of the embarrassing sexual position you passed out in at 6am :)

Very entertaining as always.

7. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I'm the darker complected person in this diagram:

[​IMG]

We were on one of those canopy beds by the Jacuzzi (to the left of it facing the bar). I pulled the very light sheer tie-up screens closed and told Mrs. Morgan "Don't worry, we are invisible!" She believed me. Dude, Pearl shots are the real deal, none of that candy shit like TTR!

8. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Song request board by the pool? What? To me this would indicate that there was something actually happening at the pool. That's not what wee experienced in our two full days at the pool.

The first full day at the pool, they had a game called "Human Sundae", which I very incorrectly envisioned as a hot, 20-person whipped cream and chocolate extravaganza. Instead, it was us and one other couple (they couldn't find a third to participate) sitting up on the stage acting silly while everyone else looked on in what seemed to be disdain. No one even really clapped.

9. MAXXandRACY

MAXXandRACY Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    OK, I'm completely lost here. Why do those other people even GO to Desire? Are they really there just to hang out naked with their schmoopie while carefully avoiding other people?

Can't they do that at home? For free?

10. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I think the weather was a HUGELY factor of non-participation in all pool or daytime related activities. The weather sucked ass and the water was freezing. Just another reason we probably won't do Mexico in feb ever again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice