ATA from chicago out of business!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RoynSandy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I am sure those that live in the Chicago area know this already,but just in case,ATA airline has closed down completely,we were booked to travel to Cancun tomorrow morning on them and they are no longer.Just wanted to post to anyone who may have missed it.

2. jkmrtv

jkmrtv Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope you get a refund, but I fear you won't :!:

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Ouch!!

They sending you on another airline?? Giving money back?

Nick and Renee

4. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Sandy was a flight Attendant with them so we were flying stand by.We only paid taxes and a small fee to fly.Those that booked and paid cash are screwed others are going to have to get the money back from their credit card company.Just one more good reason to alwyas buy trip insurance.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Sorry about the loss of your job - one of my better friends was a pilot - first officer on 757s flying mostly military transport over to "the sandbox".

I flew ATA a few times - operationally, they weren't really strong - so much so, that to me the ATA stood for A Terrible Airline. tight seat pitch, surly customer agents, understaffed, etc.

But AWESOME flight attendants! :)

6. Karen,Pam and Greg!

Karen,Pam and Greg! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How sad :( .I can't believe there hasn't been any coverage of this on the news :mad: . I've seen a pension in the toilet, stock turn to dust, benefits (medical,dental,travel,vacation,holidays...) slashed, not to mention a huge wage cut :evil: I guess I should stop bitching and be thankful that UA is still flying. I'm so sorry Sandy and Roy. I know you guys were looking so forward to this trip. I hope you're able to go. I checked UA flights out of ORD (in hopes I could do a SA listing for you), but everything is oversold :( I feel so bad... hope everything works out.

Pammy

7. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wow Roy, I feel so bad for you guys, I sure hope you are able to work it out. If not....you could always rebook for May!!

Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice