At last! - Good news for curry connoisseurs

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Acting on a tip off I went to La Europea today.

They now have a great selection of proper Indian curry sauces. Vindaloo, Korma, Madras, Jalfrezi, Tikka and more. They have both the sauce and the paste concentrate and it's just like the stuff I used to buy back home.

Even better, they have Mango Chutney and Lime Pickle and, amazingly, ready cooked Nan Bread!

........ Still no Heinz Beans but one day it will happen, I am sure.

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pukka!!! I see no mention of popadoms though? What good is mango chutney if you've got no popadoms? They don't happen to have cans of stella in the curry section? Now that would be sweet!

3. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cans of stella hey! Just finished my last one tonight, gonna miss it dearly, there's no headache like a stella headache. Glad to know about the curry sauces, however, no matter what you do (unless your indian), you just can't make it the same as the takeaway, can you? I worked in two indians and yet my homemade curry just tastes like Chicken and Sauce seperatley, I think you need to do some serious overnight marinating to get that right! Heinz baked beans, gonna miss those too, by the way Steve, what flavour crisps did you want again and did anyone else want anything else, nine days left so get your requests in while you can and unfortunately I don't have space for Stella, I got five very full suitcases!!

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But until then, you have me!!!

Remember to make your list for my next trip so I can get the "order" filled. :wink:

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    They have popadums - I bought some last week!
    Tracey

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be careful what you post Steve! It was a proper riot in La Europa with expats fighting over the Rogan Josh, and hitting each other with Nan for the last pack of popadums! Should have kept it a secret! :lol:

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They were out of poppadums when I was there today, I hunted for them with no joy. I think the rush beat me too it. Will check again next week.

Sam will send you a PM with some contact details (and crisp preferences) shortly. Enjoy your last few days in Blighty.

Anyway guys keep buying this stuff and hopefully they'll see the demand and keep on restocking.

8. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - where is that restaurant located exactly?

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not a restaurant...it's a store located near Sam's Club and WalMart.

10. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oops! 'ready-cooked naan bread' should have given me a hint?!

thanks karan :oops:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice