AT GOV right now.

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by krisnowicki, Jan 18, 2014.

1. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    :wink3: stay tuned! We are still going to Mexico

2. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    We were going to book GOV and then heard from friends that were there last week that it is not an alternative to TTR. No night life and nothing like TTR. I'm sticking with what I know for now.

3. scottnpam

scottnpam Addict Registered Member

charlottetown, prince edward island, canada
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I wonder if people are expecting too much too soon? You dont just turn things around overnight.

I suspect in a year it will be as party crazy as TTR. We've noticed that just since the changeover, rates for us for TTR have fallen off considerably.

7 days is down about 300 bucks over where it was a month ago.

4. ROB:)MEL:)

ROB:)MEL:) Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wow, we'd be pissed too. You spend all that money and to have those issues. We don't sweat the little stuff, but no hot water. I mean how can a place justify charging to even stay in a room with no access to a hot shower, then to give you two single beds for a couple, how romantic, might work if you're in your 80's, lol
    Last year we were at TTR and per booked an ocean view upgrade at an additional 700.00. We never got it and was only offered it at 9 pm the day before we left and NO, there was no offer of a refund or anything. We lived with what we were given because we didn't want to spend everyday arguing with the front desk, we were having too much fun. Loved everything about TTR.
    Now this year when we booked, we were told all that was available was an ocean view room. Guess we'll see if we've been duped again for extra upgrades.
    I guess we just feel that if you're going to spend 3-4000 dollars, you should get what you're offered.
    I wouldn't go to GOV because I don't want a ruined vacation. If we get duped at TTR, we won't go there again either. It's just the principle of it all.
    But we'll see how it goes.
    No matter what well still have fun.
    :)

5. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear you had troubles and am hoping they've been resolved. We visited GOV in October just to check it out. The resort was beautiful, most especially the rooms. We've been to TTR 16 times and have had mishaps there as well but they usually work themselves out - or - we just decide it isn't worth stressing over. We were given double beds several times. We moved the nightstand in between and pushed them together...problem solved! (Other times, we've done the play in one and sleep in one thing as well.) If the biggest problem was the front desk help, I would say then they are on par with TTR. We've never thought the front desk very willing to assist or helpful there but the rest of the resort is great so we just overlook it. Will be at GOV in June - looking forward to giving it a chance.

6. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    No nott too much though we are spending real $ and expect to get as much as we can for it. We booked back in Nov and have been watching all reviews closely, not ready to believe it would deliver similar Adult experience to TTR. I do not doubt it will be fantastic in a year,, we will just wait til then

7. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    The resort is in the midst of a changeover and I think we all want it to happen as quickly as possible........that just confirms the fact we all believe and hope for another sexy adult fun alternative to TTR.

The OP here expressed concerns.........the management immediately acknowledged them (confirming the OP, not denying it which is refreshing itself), and set out to correct the concerns.

Valentina, as said by many throughout the GOV threads, we believe you are genuine in your efforts and are doing everything you can to address the concerns we all have.........it's a beautiful resort and the more of us that come and support the changeover the faster it will happen. See you soon.

8. Liv & Ren

Liv & Ren Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    not scared yet

After 3 trips to TTR, I tired quickly of the stagnant water in the bay and the "sexy" pool. I am looking forward to the beach at GOV and just something new. Wiling to overlook transition issues for sure, but not hot water. Tell me something good, Gov...:rainfro:

9. Glenn and Brenda

Glenn and Brenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We said the same thing guys! We're staying open minded, and having faith the basic issues will be handled!

10. mik6

mik6 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1 week to go from today, hope the resort sorts things out. But a vacation is what you make of it:doh::eek:rangehat:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice