AT GOV right now.

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by krisnowicki, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Double beds are fine when your catering to March break college kids,

I know there renovating the rooms, are the new rooms equiped with single large beds?

Does booking a Spice room garrentee a King or Queen bed ?

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

I was skeptical too at first till Valentina confirmed the story.

Bonus points for her for being on the ball :)

Glad to see their going to get good rooms today so the next check ins get get theirs

3. GandM

GandM Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Just for the record, I emailed Valentina about a week in advance and got the balcony room we requested when we checked in about 430 pm.

We also have a king sized bed and a fridge that is quite cold. The air conditioning works just fine and I find the wifi works well on the balcony and tends to lose its connection the deeper into the room I go.

I also spent my first 5 minutes in the shower cursing the lack of hot water until I figured out I had turned the knob the wrong way. I now enjoy blissful hot showers.

4. Dub&Scarlett

Dub&Scarlett Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great to have (practically) real time observations and responses. This is exactly why we're holding off on booking until we're more secure in our choice. I work in service / performance management - specializing in transition management. So I'm well aware of some of the challenges the resort must be facing. But that still doesn't change the FACT that their obligation is to provide the experience that their guests expect and pay for. We really hope they can get matters resolved immediately for those current guests and then sustain an acceptable level of guest services. Sounds like Val is earnestly trying to fix things, but if she does not have the full support of ownership and upper management, it will be a challenge. Fingers and toes crossed on this one.

5. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Heard enough

Too much left to chance, we have read repeated issues with hot water, lack of guaranteed nightlife, being crucified on tripadvisor.. we just cancelled our rez and booked TTR for same nights. Not that we enjoy spending an additional $540 though it looks like the growing / changing pains aren't worth the risk. Will reconsider for next fall

6. krisnowicki

krisnowicki Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can see how you guys could see us/me as being dramatic. But let me update the post.

Management yesterday had some one come up and attempt to fix the hot water. And they did in both rooms, one of them still does not have a shower head.

But, we talked to the front desk staff and they are moving us to the king rooms as booked and apologized.

I would have never posted a negative review in such a reactionary way, but when were told to take it or leave it yesterday by the front desk staff, it really put a bad spin on things.

AS for today and last night, Dinner was great, breakfast even better. The staff here is great, outside of our first front desk staff interaction, they really care about every one having a good time.

Also, we walked up and down the beach this morning, between RUI Palace and Oasis, and I will tell you the beach here is way nicer than the other resorts and the amenities are great.

7. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Thanks for the update, have a great vacation, sorry you dont have great weather but thats the risk this time of year. It shows they feel the impact of CCC members and how we communicate. Tell Valentina to her face that there are a lot of us that REALLY REALLY appreciate her. Remember its the people that make the resort fun as much or if not more than the resort itself. Be FUN! :)

8. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I totally understand your frustration! No hot water and not having a showerhead are basic in a room. We pay for our vacations and at least expect a certain level of comfort.We booked GOV for nicer rooms so we have certain expectations. I love that you are taking time out of your vaca to give us updates! I would love to see pics of the rooms etc from guests rather than the professional ones. Gives a better idea of the actual rooms. Also glad to hear that the food seems better than some reviews have stated...

9. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    glad to hear that things are improving ,hope you enjoy the rest of your trip,we arrive feb 10 keeping our fingers crossed

10. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 2
    We gave some thought to booking this May, but decided maybe we'd wait for a few more trip reports and feedback before we plan a vacation at GOV. I definitely like the commitment management seems to be making to make things right. There will always be things that come up no matter how well run a resort is. How the issues are handled is the critical thing to me. Looking forward to hearing more and staying here as soon as we can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice