Asking For A Tip...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Philakiss, May 28, 2008.

1. Philakiss

Philakiss Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How much money all together would you say would be enough to tip good service around the resort for 10 days and 9 nights?

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We tip about like we would if we were in the states. Your tips are up to you, and are optional. The best thing about tipping is that each tip brings about a large smile from the wait, bar, or ent staff.

I think we tipped around $100 for a three day trip earlier this month.

3. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    BB...you're number is pretty close to ours. We tipped $300 for 6 days. That did include airport shuttle as well...which accounted for $40.

As BB admits...tipping is all about personal preference. You'll definitely receive a smile regardless of the amount. As long as you feel good inside and are comfortable with the amount...that's all that matters.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    We were there for 15 days and usually tip at the end of the trip. We did a few one time tips while we were there as someone did soemthing really special. In total we tipped about $800 at the resort which interestingly enough worked out to be about 20% of the total cost of our vacation.

Tips are the major source of income for those folks. They can't live on their salaries alone. They go out of their way to make sure you have a great vacation. Only stays to reason that you should go out of your way to thank them. :D

Jamie

5. Philakiss

Philakiss Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you all for the... well tips. I just want to make sure that I don't give or do anything insulting to anyone who is trying to make my trip so good.

6. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I think when we went we brought $200 USD in 5's and singles. I seem to remember we used about 120 of it.

Our tip patterns were:

- $5 on the first drink of the day at the swim-up, $1 a round after that if they were mixing. I didn't usually tip on soft drinks water or beer.
    - $2.00 on breakfast and lunch
    - $5.00 on dinner at the buffet
    - $10 on dinner at the speciality restaurants plus 20% additional on the room charge if we ordered extra-cost wine.
    - $3.00/day to the chambermaid

That and after too many gyrations with the front desk to get our room sorted (long story, not worth repeating) the day we arrived, finally a $20.00 into the hand of the front desk manager got us a room overlooking the sexy pool quickly.

7. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gratuities are already included.....dont give them a dime!!!!!!!!

just kidding, everyone will give you a different number as how much. its what ever you think is right. I am a bartender and because I am, I tend to tip more then most people cause I know what its like. and those guys have it worse then I do.

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I'll agree with that. Having to had to live off of tips in my past I too am a little on the heavy side... unless of course you totally stink and then I might even stiff you. :D

Jamie

9. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We tipped every time as we saw fit just in case that person for any unknown reason was not back the next day. Some more then others for obvious reasons. Dinner was always amazing and we would not dream of not tipping the waiter here in the states after such fine service. I think it has to be up to each person how they see fit. There can't be a rule.. But I do feel strong at showing them how wonderful they made your experience right when they do it too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice