Ask The GOV Management Here

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It's great that we have some direct input on cancuncare from the Management Team at Grand Oasis Viva, but I wanted to try and make their job of answering queries a little easier.

If you have a question you'd like answered please post it to this thread and Valentina or one of the team will get back to you.

By keeping all the questions in one place we can avoid Oasis staff from having to hunt around all the different threads, maybe missing some queries and possibly answering the same query several different times.

Please, before asking a question, have a good read through of the threads already posted and see if it has been asked and answered elsewhere. A good place to start that should answer most queries is the thread linked below:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/grand-oasis-viva/28302-outcome-meeting-oasis-viva.html

Anyone should feel free to jump in and answer a query if you are sure you know the answer from reading other threads or visiting the hotel yourself.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very cool that they are willing to come to the board and answer questions. Good customer service! We look forward to our tour sometime next week.

Thanks for all your hard work too, Steve!

3. dewder

dewder Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Cheers Steve ! great work !
    See you , and a quick tour of GOV , in early Feb.

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We are booked for may 8-12 in a standard room which if I understand correctly equates to a flirt or spice room. We are interested in upgrading to a jacuzzi or plunge pool room (if they exist, not sure if I fully understand those room types). I understand most of those rooms are undergoing renovations currently. Will they be completed by may and any estimate as to what an upgrade would cost or will an upgrade even be an option? Would love to try out the best Grand Oasis Viva has to offer during our first visit. Thank you.

5. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Are you going to scrap the universally disliked safe fee? All inclusive should mean just that, and security is not a "luxury extra".:daisy:

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Every one hates nickel and dimeing (extra charges for little things)

The safes and Wi-Fi should be included in the All inclusive fee.

Looking forward to April 2014

7. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Selfishly if wi-fi were free to all the bandwidth would be constantly maxed with everyone trying to stream music or video - sadly some of us still have to work periodically! Mexico net access is generally horrible, Where ever we stay in Cancun I need to get important work done before 09:00 before the crawl begins..

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yeah I hate to say I agree. Bandwidth isn't an unlimited commodity so I understand a small charge for it. Then the consumer has to decide whether the charge is worth it for what they need to do. If I have to do a little work it is worth it. If I have to check a sports score maybe not.

As for the safe charge, yeah I agree. No reason that shouldn't be included in the AI price. Everyone needs it, everyone uses it and there should be one in every room. I wouldn't be a happy guest if my valuables got stolen from my room. The hotel should want everyone to be safe.

Since this is a question for management thread I do have a question related to extra charges…
    on the other thread I saw a list of liquors that come as part of the All Inclusive. Any plans to add to the list as the resort switches to more of a hip, party vibe? For example, adding Red Bull and Sugar Free Red Bull if not already available. And I know higher end liquors like Grey Goose are not typically part of the All Inclusive but having them available, even for a little extra charge, would be great. At Temptations I (and others we know) bring their own sometimes but that is an inconvenience of course. And when we run out we have to travel offsite to liquor stores. Why not have the option on site, the resort makes a little extra $ and the guests have what they Desire on site at the resort. Everybody wins.

9. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Please explain more about the Club Night out and whats included and what clubs.. Sounds like its a concept still.

10. Jestererin

Jestererin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We paid for the upgrade to the Spice room and now I understand that it is basically a standard room. I am hoping, as we paid for an "upgrade" that it may make it easy to get bumped to a jaccuzi suit now??

Also, do you have Captain Morgan Spiced Rum? Temptations does so I assume you will.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice