Article on Downtown Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Sep 27, 2007.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Rustic" "Authentic", "Typical Mexican" And Traditional Mexican I think that the Author needs to travel to the rest of Mexico so as to get an idea of what Typical, Authentic and Traditional really is. Maybe if he had been writing about Valladolid but Cancun...not so much.

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems to be a promotional piece that was put on this website. The author is said to be a writer for the Marriot in Cancun.

Sad that he doesn't know the difference between peak and peek, nor that major development did NOT begin 40 years ago, although the idea was in the works.

Also interesting the four restaurants mentioned by name, a couple of which I have heard give kickbacks to taxi drivers or concierges for routing hotel guests to them.

A fluffy promotional piece which has no substantive info whatsoever.

4. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it lost me when it mentioned Perico's. . .and omitted one of the best places in El Centro to find at least a smidgeon of Mexico. . .Parque de Las Palapas.

5. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have tried several times and even registered on the site to pull this article up and have been unsuccessful. Any hints on how each of you were able to see it. It keeps telling me I'm "not authorized" to view it. How does one become "authorized"? Just curious.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't register or anything, just surfed over to the article. Not sure why you cannot view it......

Michelle

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, the article is no longer available without logging in. I could see it yesterday but not now.... maybe they keep them public for 24 hrs and then put them in the archives.

The whole object of the article is a marketing tactic to gain exposure for their web site. They write the article then distribute it via such networks as a press release and others republish it on other web sites giving a link back to the writers site. In fact I've thought about doing similar myself but haven't got round to it.

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  9. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve and Michael. Really appreciate your help. I'm one of those that curiosity will be sure to kill the cat people. That plus the fact that I love Cancun and try to read anything I can get my hands on if it's relative to Cancun or Isla Mujeres. And Steve, I did register with the site and logged on but it still wouldn't show me the article. Whatever...

Thanks again for your help. Am anxiously counting down my days until I'm once again down in my favorite place in the world. The days sure seem to be passing slowly though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice