Arrival/check In... Party

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Soonernation, Apr 2, 2019.

1. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    Joining the party is important, but do slide through the buffet for a quick bite. After traveling most of the morning you'll want the fuel to help avoid the first day curse.

2. Soonernation

Soonernation Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Is the premier bar for everyone or just members? We are just normal trendy room people.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Yeah Steve for now.
    I can see them fucking this up too and sticking it to us even more!
    Time will tell.

See you this Saturday if you will be around.
    If not, then at BC on Monday.

5. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Book a private transfer prior to your trip. Many people on this board recommend USA Transfers, $55 round trip. They are reliable and private.

Also, before your trip fill out the immigration paperwork online. You will be able to just print it out and carry it, makes it a bit faster at customs since they don't have to type in all your info, just scan the barcode on your print out. KEEP THE PAPER, YOU CAN'T LEAVE MEXICO WITHOUT IT. If you do lose it, there is a way to get a new one, but I think there is a fine and need to get to airport super early.

After you get through immigration/customs at the airport there is a bathroom and ATM. I usually use this ATM to have some Pesos. After that, don't talk to anyone inside the building. None of them can help you, they want to sell stuff. I call it the shark tank. All the transportation companies are outside, none of them stand inside. You'll find USA Transfers standing outside with their signs and polo shirts.

Pack your swimsuit in your carry-on. When you arrive bellhop will take your baggage.

After you check-in they will have someone "welcome" you with a map by taking you over to sit down. After they go through the map, they'll pressure you into a "tour," "welcome breakfast," or some other term the person dreams up. This is a sales pitch. If you decide you want to do it, you should get paid to do it, free massages, room upgrade, cash, etc. Honestly once you see the map you'll probably need to be assertive to say no and get away. They are persistent. Also be aware if you are in the lobby in the morning, they will continue to invite you to the "welcome breakfast." Just say "no, thanks" and keep moving.

If they have rooms ready, they may show you to your room at this point, otherwise they'll tell you what time to come back. They'll run your bags up when they show you to your room.

From wheels down on airplane to this point is about 2 hours.

There is a bathroom to change just to the left of the lobby bar. There are also 2 sets of restrooms just downstairs in the buffet area. You can use any of these to change. If you're hungry just ask for a table at the buffet (if it's open). Sometimes there is an additional buffet out by the pool. If buffet is closed walk outside by the pool, Amores is to the right, they stay open for late afternoon lunch.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  6. Joe&Heidi

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Fireball is hit or miss in Mexico. If you NEED it, I'd say pack it. The hotel had it when we were there last October. But I think it was mostly for members. But even if you try to buy it, there may not be any to buy. The shop across the street also had some last time, but not on our other visits.

7. DkandCristelli

DkandCristelli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    Perfect, just what I needed to read. We land at around 0900 on a Wednesday, so hoping to get through immigration pretty quickly. Is it an issue if we get to the resort early? Well before 12pm?

8. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Also, before your trip fill out the immigration paperwork online. You will be able to just print it out and carry it, makes it a bit faster at customs since they don't have to type in all your info, just scan the barcode on your print out. KEEP THE PAPER, YOU CAN'T LEAVE MEXICO WITHOUT IT. If you do lose it, there is a way to get a new one, but I think there is a fine and need to get to airport super early.
    Mexico Tourist Card

This the first time I have seen this web site...if anyone has used this, please post your feedback...Is it safe to use? is it really the Mexico gov't web site ? etc.
    This will really be great if it is true...thanks for any feedback...
    eat, drink, repeat...

9. Joe&Heidi

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Not a problem. I have typically landed around 12-2. Immigration hall is packed to the gills. I suspect at 9am it's not that full, so you may fly through faster than we can.

They will check you in with arm bands, just no room number. They'll tell you to come back at a time later in the afternoon for room assignment. Nbd. Just try to avoid the first day curse.

10. Joe&Heidi

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    That looks right, but don't remember for sure. It was super sketch and didn't feel like an official site.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice