Arpil 3-11 tr

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by yvr1, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In a way, that's sad though. We should be able to be honest here without :aktion047:

I mean, I loved it, had a blast, but def. not the best resort I had been to as far as the resort/food/ammenities itself. Ah well, it is what it is.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    It seems like any comment made will result in the Temptation die-hards jumping on the threads of GOV, and making excused for a resort that even the lifers complain about. I mean that's how this whole GOV things started anyway. Temptation people looking for something that didn't look like a roadside hotel.

Anyway, your report has me thinking about GOV again. I kind of wish they were all bad reports just to make the decision easier. Ultimately it may just come down to price, and I haven't found any deal as close to what you had, and the Golden is a lot of resort (beach, room, service, beach front hot tub etc...) for less money. At least to this point I don't have to worry about offending GOV lifers with that statement.

3. lfiess

lfiess Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed. ..you should be able to be honest about how your experience was regardless of the resort. I have only been to TTR and it was one of the most expensive trips to Mexico. Loved the people hands down that made it worth it. I have to honestly say it was one of the worst resorts we have been to. Our room had zero hot water for 7 days and our friends room had zero A/C. We made the best out of it and enjoyed the trip but the ONLY reason we would ever go back is the great people we met not the accommodations.

4. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thank you for taking the time to write your trip report!

5. FUN IN THE SUN

FUN IN THE SUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0
    Thanks

Thanks for your review.
    Fun can be had anywhere if your in the right mood and with the right group.
    A few things need to improve for us to book a trip but there are some things that make GOV sound pretty nice.

6. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Thank you for the report!

7. Scott'N'Jenn

Scott'N'Jenn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    We get there next Thursday and the recent positive reports have us really looking forward to our trip!

8. silver&gold

silver&gold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks for the tr, any comments about the Coyote Bar?

9. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Thank you for the report. I do hope they get the understaff situation resolved. HIRE more people. Simple as that. More wait staff, bartenders would resolve a lot of complaints. That one situation could be deal breaker for me. Everything else I would be cool with.

10. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It's actually called the Crazy Hot Coyote...and for the first few nights we were there, it was certainly aptly named, 'cause it was crazy f*in' hot....lol.

But, (and this is just between you and me because I don't want all the naysayers piling it on) I think the reason it was so hot was because the first few days of our stay, the weather was much warmer than the last 5. After that, the Coyote, buffet, and restaurants were all normal temperatures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice