Are you scared?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 2, 2012.

1. BobbyNJaime

BobbyNJaime Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    Crazy Government Spending

The massive debt is very scary to me, I don't understand why everyone isn't scared. Here's a video talking about how our budget is unbalanceable. IMO small cuts aren't enough. For the people that won't watch this, here is one fact from the video that should scare you. "If we fired all government employees including military, our expenditures would still be more than our income." Why is this issue being ignored by both major parties? Because they are all still getting rich in this current system.

[ame=&feature=player_embedded]United States Budget Dilemma.wmv - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. BobbyNJaime

BobbyNJaime Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    About the drug testing for government assistance, I have to disagree for the simple fact that it would cost the tax payer more in the end. The number of people "caught" who lost benefits would not offset the cost to do the drug tests. There are studies that prove this out of Florida. I am for some type of major reform in welfare, the current system is not working.

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I think the main reason that both parties don't want to face this is that it will hurt what both parties say they stand for. We have to both cut expenses and raise taxes. The Dems don't want to cut out the giveaways and the Repubs don't want to raise taxes. We can't have it both ways.

I don't see anyone who is a real leader out there, but even if we could find one, could they get elected? I really don't think the American people can stand the truth and won't be able to stand it until we look like Greece. No one wants to face the fact that we can and will run out of money. We can't cure our ills by just signing up for another credit card.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  4. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    there is no incentive to give it the attention it deserves...

each party is interested in getting votes - they get votes by making people happy and giving them what they want.

its as much our fault as it is the two parties - we have become a nation of takers and we take whatever we can get and vote for who gives us the most...people vote on "am i better of than i was 4 years ago".....instead of voting for parties or independents willing to make changes that need to be made that will make our kids and our grand kids better off

the changes that need to be made with our financials if you will are very painful and certainly not popular

therefore, they are ignored....

the best

rob

5. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Well, let's see how things are with the Obama folks. Well, we have Stacey Dash who is black and supports Romney and has received death threats because of it. We have a 14 year old girl in Philly who was thrown out of her geometry class by a black teacher because the girl had the audacity to wear a Romney T shirt. Her racially sensitive teacher referred to her as being with the KKK and threw her out of her class. Now let's add the 98% of blacks will vote for Obama and did in the last election.

Yes, there is a ton of racism in this election and the last one and most of it is being practiced by the black community. Anytime someone says anything against the "Messiah" someone always has to play the race card. Here's a shocker for you, 99% of those who dislike Obama dislike him because he's an incompetent who has broken practically every promise he made and has put this nation deeper in debt than it has ever been. His signature legislation is Obamacare which we can not afford. Look at his campaign speeches from 2012 and look at them from 2008. They are identical. This guy hasn't accomplished one positive thing and has a huge number of negatives.

Slore, when I asked you why you thought Obama should be re-elected the best you could come up with is that you, personally, were no WORSE off since he got elected. That, sir is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Somewhere along the line you need to face one simple fact....Obama is just a very, very bad President and does not deserve to be re-elected.

7. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Twin,

Let me get this straight. The links I posted are considered me playing the race card? I believe the shirt is blatantly racist. The signs are blatantly racist, and hanging an empty chair in the tree of your front yard is blantantly racist. Now if I'm off base with that, than I want to know what is racist in your opinion. Also, because blacks voted for a black nominee, that is racist, but the things I just mentioned are not? Come on dude. There has been 200+ years of white presidents and the one time a black guy got the nomination, it's considered racist that black people voted for him. Well what is it considered for all the whites that voted for the other guys? I told you before that I don't care why you're voting for Romney, nor do I feel the need to justify why I'm not. I know that's not feeding into the debate, but I'm sorry. I have the right to vote, and you sir do not have to approve of it. If he loses I'm sure we will all be in a better place because the ship will have been righted.

Also, I know you're an accountant, but your percentages always make me laugh. There's only 1% of the population that will not vote for him simply because he's black? Get real my man. I know that you probably believe that blacks should get over the whole racism shit since it's merely a figment of our imagination. We are equal now and are able to live free in the same country you do, have jobs making equal wages and are no longer enslaved, but it really ain't that peachy keen kind sir.

Believe me, racism exists from all races, but the part that always confuses me is why are whites so mad at all the other races? They have never endured the injustices that the people they hate had to endure because of THEIR ancestors.

8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Slore, racism practiced by anyone is disgusting to say the least, but racism when it is practiced by the black community is just simply dismissed while racism practices by whites is front page headlines. Let me give you a couple of good examples.

Obama has an organization called African Americans for Obama. You don't see "Whites for Romney" out there, do you? If a sitting President who was white made a blatantly racist video saying vote for me based on my race the liberal media would have a field day. Because it was Obama nothing gets said.

Where was Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when the girl in Philly was victimized by her black teacher? They were nowhere to be seen, were they? Racism when it's practiced by blacks is acceptable while racism by whites is abhorrent. Sorry, but all racism is abhorrent.

You make the comment about whites being obsessed with race. I'm not so sure that there isn't just as much racism in the black community if not more. You made a comment that we have had 200 years of white presidents so therefore it is fine for all blacks to vote for a black president. It's okay because he's black. So in other words your vote is based solely on his race. Isn't that racism? What am I missing here?

Slore, I had nothing to do with what happened 200 years ago. I really don't know anyone who did. There will probably always be racism on both sides but it's time that all sides became color blind. You make the comment that whites are so concerned with race. From what I'm seeing, the obsession with race is much worse on the Obama side than on the Romney side.

9. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    please do not take this the wrong way but this is exactly my point about how people are focused on minor issues # 634 and # 768

the more the media and the politicians can get us focused on stupid meaningless s&^% like this ------------things that are totally f&*(^%$ irrelevant in comparrison to the largest issue this country has or ever will face...............its the finanacials !!!!!!!!

then - as a nation - we are never going to be able to fix it

so yeah lets sit around and argue all day about racism, abortions, homeland security, gay rights, hetero sexaul rights and every other bs matter

geez

10. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    lets talk about racism, what about the black panthers standing out side the voting polls with clubs in philadelphia pa intimidating the white voters there? what does Eric holder say?( who is also black) i'm not going to prosecute my people. my people! are you f-ing kidding me? in my opinion he ( Eric holder ) just said screw you whitey.now to me that is racist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice