Are you scared?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 2, 2012.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I can give you two great examples of people doing things and never having to be held accountable for them. The whole mortgage crisis was laid totally at the foot of George Bush. The media portrayed it completely as Bush's fault. What the media didn't tell you is that the law that forced the banks to give mortgages to bad credit risks was one put together by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. These two wanted EVERY American to have their own home whether they could afford them or not. Yet you'd never know that the whole program was pushed by two leading Democrats. Oh yeah, the bank deregulation wasn't done under Bush, but rather under Jimmy Carter.

Now, in an effort to be fair, there's a biggie on the other side of the aisle. The fast and furious gun running scandal that is plaguing Eric Holder was a program actually started under Bush, yet Holder is getting all the flack.

No accountability knows no political bounds!

2. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Yup... I remember that michelle obama pic... It was truly disgusting.

I think we are screwed no matter what. I really wish they would give Ron Paul an honest fighting chance...

Its pretty sad that I saw a friend's facebook status and agreed with it. "Friends, I know Mitt Romney may not be the best candidate, but he can't be worse than obama can he?"...

Is that what we've come to? Not to elect the one who will do the best, but the one who sucks the least?

I also think they need to stop the "everybody gets a medal" shit... The pussification of this country needs to stop. Awww, your 6 year old lost his soccer game... suck it up and move on. Buy the kid an ice cream and he'll forget all about it. Don't give him a "participation trophy"

3. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    pretty much sums it up

hell ......off the record and in a closet.......even bill clinton would agree with that :)

do agree with your point on ron paul as well - the only problem is he is not a suck up politically correct candidate parading around in front of a gullible auidence............instead he tells it like it is and most do not want to hear it.........and the media certainly does not want to share it because it is not newsworthy.......again......cause nobody wants to listen to reality lol

the best

rob

4. dikfore

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    EXACTLY.. He doesn't sugar coat, he doesn't make people feel warm and fuzzy, he puts the cards on the table and that's that.. And the media doesn't like that because there's no controversy.. It is what it is...

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately our Country remains a two party system so IMO a vote for Ron Paul at this point actually is a vote for BO.

If I'm not mistaken, the votes for Ross Perot in the 1992 election are what handed the election to Billy Boy over GHWB.

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    You are correct Mole. Probably over 90% of the votes that went for Perot would have gone to Bush, Sr. That handed the election to Billy Boy.....and no woman in America has been safe since then.:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. One of my clients was in one of the luxury suites during a Sabres game that Clinton had attended. He was the guest of honor in the suite. In comes a local businessman who has a drop dead gorgeous wife. Clinton never left her side the rest of the evening. I know why he's called "Big Dog." That's because he'll hump anything that moves and I'm not sure the movement is necessary.

7. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    slick willy :)

8. dikfore

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Yeah, but at the same time... We were a hell of a lot better off with clinton then we were with George Junior...

As much as I HATE to do it, I may have to vote for Romney, just to get obama out of office... I DO NOT like Romney, I think he's going to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, but I hate what Obama HASNT done even more.

9. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I knew it was bad... but almost half?

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    The actual percentage is 47% either are getting some form of government assistance or are paying no federal income tax. There are massive programs out there that were well intended when they were started, but have become just massive cesspools of waste (no offense to your screen name). I have one client who is a single mother of two who lives with a guy to whom she is not married. Her wages are about $24,000 and because of all the federal and state programs she gets over $11,000 in refunds. Now that doesn't count the free medical, free baby food, and other goodies that she gets. The programs are way out of control and under Obama they have gotten worse. The free cellphone bonanza costs the taxpayers over $3 billion in 2011. Oh, just as a side note the guy that owns the company that sells the government all those cellphones for the poor just happens to be a major Obama contributor. Probably just a coincidence, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice