Are you scared?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 2, 2012.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

No problem Big Red. I understand and maybe one of these days you and Slore and I can sit down at TTR and share a brew or two and solve all the problems of the world.

My problem with many programs is that they haven't worked and yet we still keep pumping massive amounts of money in them. Something has to give and someone has to have the gumption to start cutting programs. Let's hope that one of the candidates will have that fortitude to save us from becoming Greece.

2. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can you do my taxes before we have the beer/discussion? :liebe011:

3. BigRed

BigRed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    see i completely agree with that, its just regardless dem or rep, how do you do it in a fair and productive way - and in the short run it might cost more for more oversight. Its just a weird situation because ppl need it and other ppl take advantage of it - how do you determine who is who? Can you drug test them? what if they find ways around tests, do they get random house visits - well that costs a boatload of money and could be dangerous....i 100% agree we need more oversight, can we force low income parents to stop having kids? is that even ethical or constitutional....its a problem, seriously but how can we solve it?

all i know is red or blue, dem or rep, its still a very hard question to answer with a clean consious

4. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    You definitely would want me to do them BEFORE I drink!

5. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
  7. BigRed

BigRed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1118pm cnn projects Obama!

8. BobbyNJaime

BobbyNJaime Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    Now that the election is over, let's get back to the original post. Can our country SURVIVE the next four years with the current fiscal policy? Are other countries going to start rejecting the American dollar? At some point our currency will be devalued so much that it could lose it's world reserve status. Am I crazy for being concerned about this issue? Are we closer to this happening than anyone is willing to admit? Maybe I'm not crazy and EVERYONE should be concerned about this issue. How can we (the people that see the writing on the wall) wake more people up to the simple fact that our current fiscal policies will lead to the demise of the USA, if it hasn't already.

PS, I'm not just talking about Obama, Bush was a wild spender also, but Congress has just as much to do with this as the Pres.

9. BobbyNJaime

BobbyNJaime Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    I saw entitlement spending was brought up, a recent study illustrates how BROKEN the current entitlement system is. In 2011 "The federal government spent enough money on federal-means tested welfare (does not include Medicare and SS) to have sent each impoverished household $59,523." WTF????????

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Bobby, the issue is absolutely huge. Most people don't realize that the vast majority of the federal debt is held by the US Social Security Admin. That means that if the system tanks on its debts, all those on SS will be faced with a huge shortfall. This has been my major objection to Obama and his policies from day 1. We can't keep on spending money we don't have. With Obama I see it being more of the same.

I certainly understand the liberals Desire to take care of everyone, but somewhere along the line those that are capable of taking care of themselves will actually have to step up and do it. I wonder how many are no longer capable of taking care of themselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice