ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER GOOD RESTAURANT EN CENTRO.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Mar 9, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A couple of weeks ago we ate at the new Chili's at Forum by the Sea Mall. While chatting with the waiter he told us that Chili's was opening a new location in the new building under construction at Plaza Las Americas.

We thought we hit it big when we did not have to go to La Isla for Chili's anymore and now we can even avoid having to go to th HZ in a few months. Can't wait. It will sure help me forget about the terrible Applebees as a potential place to stuff my face.

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Eeewww....I hate both Chili's & Applebee's! Nothing but American franchise goop!!

Dunno T.J., your taste in food is withering....what gives???

Michelle

3. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle,

Good points BUT it is hard to get a good burger and a Bacon, Blue Cheese Chipotle Burger from Chili's is hard to beat. Plus no one serves Country Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken quite like Chili's.

Then, when you eat 3 or 4 meals a day you kind of run out of places to go if you eat out all the time, and there are only so many ways you can doll up beans, rice, tacos, tortas, etc.

We even go to Hooters a lot to get salads although La Troje is always #1 for salads in my book. But my friends found a hole in the wall place by the woman's hospital and were raving about the salads.

Today for lunch my friend Bundy and I went to Sirloin Stockade which is like an expensive Golden Corral but not as good. $129 with a soda. So I had a plate with salad and fruit; then another plate with a bit of pork and more salad type stuff. Then I finished up this otherwise healthy lunch with some bread pudding topped with soft vanilla ice cream.

I bet you hate Starbucks too. Well, I got there last night just in time for a big ole piece of carrot cake. My neighbors did not want to go with me but called and had me bring some home for them.

Carrot cake is a vegetable don't forget so it was healthy food.

Thanks for caring. When are you going to change your calendar to how many days till you return, rather than how many days since you have been here?

T.J.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This has nothing to do with the food.

But I went to Chili's yesterday and I will have to say that the smell and state of the washrooms were absolutely disgusting. It makes you wonder how clean the kitchen is. What I do know is that I had cramps all last night and into this morning. So something wasn't right.

As for Starbucks, you'd think that the service would be pretty good considering its hey, Starbucks. But I've had bad service from them several times here, along with a poorly made beverage (taste and my drink being luke warm). You'd think that customers would be a priority to making out with your boyfriend and socializing with co-workers. Or hey, how about cleaning the tables or actually paying attention to what your making?

Anyhooo..... It's nice to have options from back home but they still aren't the same. I've had bad service from Applebee's too TJ.

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't hate starbucks, but have no real need for them as I don't drink coffee. The hot chocolate is ok, but it's not anything that I drink on a regular basis.

Wish I did have another trip planned to return to Cancun, but my health "issues" keep getting the best of me. I spent most of January in the hospital and rehab isn't going great at the moment. It looks like it will be fall before I can even think about returning to Cancun..... :(

Michelle

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Starbucks at Plaza Hollywood has repeatedly given me caffeine-full mocha when I've ordered decaf there. The Starbucks at Paseo Cancun has never done this to me, and their service is excellent there. I think the various Starbucks here have better and worse managers.

The Starbucks in Boulder, Colorado that was closest to my office there was terribly managed and the garbage cans were always overflowing. You can get bad managers anywhere.

While I'm a big fan of Starbucks I'm not a fan of chain restaurants in general, so I won't comment of Chilis or Applebees (having never eaten in either one).

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never drunk a cup of coffee in my life although recently I have started drinking frappacinos. My woman drinks cappucinos without lactose and without caffeine. I can say the words but am in a hurry and this is quicker for me. When I go into Plaza Hollywood they call me by name. When I go to Paseo Cancun there may be 5 employees standing around and one person taking care of a line full of people.

Go figure.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got tricked into attending a meeting that will be held at Applebee's, so I guess I'll be finding out what the fuss is all about...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice