Are you going to sign up for Obamacare?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 31, 2013.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Well, we just got our notice that our health insurance costs are going up 50% for next year. The reason appears to be the requirements of Obamacare. So now what do we do? We pay 100% of the health insurance costs of our employees. That includes family coverage. Now with a 50% increase in costs.....

So what are you going to do? Sign up? Stay where you are, if possible? Or maybe just ignore it and go with no health insurance. Just curious at what's the opinions of our fellow CC folks are.

2. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Honestly... I tried looking into it out of curiosity, and all it did was confuse the ever loving shit out of me...

I, however AM NOT looking forward to our open enrollment costs this year when they are released...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have/had great benefits through my employer (Hospital) and open enrollment begins next week. I'm worried. Haven't seen the numbers yet. All I can tell you is working in Healthcare this "AFFORDABLE Care act" is really not good. No one is happy about it. Not insurance companies, not Docs, not the hospital itself...and not the end user.

Haven't seen ONE person who has been happy about the coverage or premiums they will pay for this yet, and that goes for Obama fans also.

4. rocket750

rocket750 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm an ER/Acute care nurse. I can't even get good health insurance through the hospital!!!! We go through my husbands job. COAL MINING.....which Obama is not a fan of :huh:

5. prhodes

prhodes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Fortunately I have awesome medical and dental insurance through my union job. I just hope Obama doesn't try to change that for me in the future. Seems every day the Dems are trying to make this a communist Country where their is no since in bettering ourselves and keeping everyone oppressed and on one level.

6. Carolinacouple

Carolinacouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our policy was perfect for us. We had everything we wanted....except maternity care ( which we will NEVER use). We have to carry our own since I am self employed. Our policy ends Dec 31 since it does not include maternity care. We were paying $680 a month....On Jan 1 it goes to $1680. So after that we will no longer have insurance....we will pay the penalty and just pay the doctor with cash. If anything serious happens guess we will become one of those ER people and hope for the best. I know one thing.....I sure don't trust them to run one -sixth of the economy...when they can't even set up a basic web site.....they should have hired someone from Apple..or Amazon to set it up. It's not even secure ! Hackers have already said it was a joke.

7. prhodes

prhodes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    That is just absurd! I feel for you. I never knew just how much people pay for insurance.

8. je007

je007 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will avoid as long as possible

9. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1
    I have great insurance. That all ends Jan. 1. My company has what The idiots in Washington call a Cadillac Plan. So to make the world more fair they tried to tax the company to the tune of $11,000,000. That's right 11 million dollars. So in order to avoid the excise taxes our deductibles went up and our premiums went up and copays went away. It will cost my family about $4,000 a year. I keep hearing that the affordable health care act only effect 20 percent of the population because 80% have insurance. That's one of the biggest lies being told about the scam.

10. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We were getting free ins thru hubbys employer and had a $500 deductible. Our choice was to pay $500 a month or go up to a $5000 deductible. So either way our ins now costs us $4500 more a year. Where is the 'affordable' in that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice